RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First other eco I have seen
Was In gulf shores // orange beach
Was black looked like a tradesman model!

Anyhow first other one I have actually seen so far
Anyone else seeing them on the road

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'v seen maybe 6-7 others around here

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Apparently, I talked to the guys at head office today in the states, asking them about various things with it.... I am. so temped to push it to the max 300+hp and almost 550 # in this light truck would be unreal

I love that name to ecostein!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Apparently, I talked to the guys at head office today in the states, asking them about various things with it.... I am. so temped to push it to the max 300+hp and almost 550 # in this light truck would be unreal

I love that name to ecostein!
Sounds like a monster movie! LOL!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
so for someone who has been very ... hmm ... shall we say perhaps critical of pushing beyond safe, why would you push past what the transmission has been designed to handle (516#) to 550#? seems a little counter to some of your earlier comments when the topic if tuning made its way to these forums. like right there is the first hard line of "we know transmission can handle X#, but i'm thinking of trying X+Y#" ... ?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Not going to actually do it I am happy with the stock factory setting.... it was kinda like saying I am temped to pick up that hot girl at the bar even though you are married...m nice to think about but not going to happen!

I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep it yet to be honest....
And lastly I highly doubt it would push the engine up to what the guy said is 540 NOT 550....

Right now according to stein I should be pushing 507# and 285hp

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Not going to actually do it I am happy with the stock factory setting.... it was kinda like saying I am temped to pick up that hot girl at the bar even though you are married...m nice to think about but not going to happen!

I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep it yet to be honest....
And lastly I highly doubt it would push the engine up to what the guy said is 540 NOT 550....

Right now according to stein I should be pushing 507# and 285hp
There's a chance, then, following your bar logic Chris, that you 'Stein might reject you, and choose to leave your truck for someone else... ;)

And I have to say...I'm not a fan of pushing close to the limits on mechanical gear. Our transmissions might be rated to 516 or whatever pound feet, but if you routinely are close to that limit, you'll wear things out faster. But hey, it's not MY dream, so dream on dreamer. You can...but will you max it out? Doubtful. The demon of catastrophic failure looms large.

It's all down to that old saying - power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I see the Stein as a test of your manhood Chris. Are you man enough to contain yourself, or will you sell your soul for long smokey burnouts and max power? :D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
There's a chance, then, following your bar logic Chris, that you 'Stein might reject you, and choose to leave your truck for someone else... ;)

And I have to say...I'm not a fan of pushing close to the limits on mechanical gear. Our transmissions might be rated to 516 or whatever pound feet, but if you routinely are close to that limit, you'll wear things out faster. But hey, it's not MY dream, so dream on dreamer. You can...but will you max it out? Doubtful. The demon of catastrophic failure looms large.

It's all down to that old saying - power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I see the Stein as a test of your manhood Chris. Are you man enough to contain yourself, or will you sell your soul for long smokey burnouts and max power? :D[/QUOTE

Haha lol
I have definatly contemplated the fact that I am supposedly close to what is supposed to be the max design parameters. It will be interesting to see what the dyno actually tells me it's really doing....
You missed one thing sports (I forget your name.. duane?) the stein does nothing probably most of the time..... just cruising on the hwy with cruise control on.... nothing, just driving around town.... nothing.... MERGING on to a hwy there it is, passing someone there it is, and finally TOWING there it is effortless towing(and I am assuming better milage towing as well).....

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It kicks in at around 50% load I believe, they also told me I can send it back to customize that number if I want it lower.....
So most of the time my truck will be seeing "stock" numbers....

(50% engine load)

Sorry to hijack your thread....

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
Motoman...

Sorry others "took over" your post. I have only seen one other Ecodiesel. It was a used one for sale at my dealer. Never saw another and people ask about mine, giving me the impression they never saw any also.

Heard they made a bunch in the last 4 months. They must all be north of Florida.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I have yet to see one out in the wild. I know there has to be one out there... The one that I test drove.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have yet to see any driving around. I know a couple of local dealers have some on their lots (just not optioned the way I wanted). My sales person said she has sold a bunch, but every 1500 I've seen lately has the "Hemi" badge.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't seen another one in my area and there is a lot of folks and a lot of dealers here. I was the first one to purchase a EcoDiesel from my dealer and that was on 4/26/2014.

On another note, I go out of my way to pull alongside those F150 EcoBoosts. I get all giddy inside thinking about how much more fuel mileage I'm getting and find myself wondering if they are even aware of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have seen 4 EcoDiesel's in person; 3 were at dealers (2 were special order/pre-sold - could not touch). The most recent and only one I've seen not at a dealer was in Copper Harbor, MI (that is at very north end of US-41) last weekend. Didn't get a chance to stop and look at.

·
Registered
556 Posts
For the ontario members, I finally saw one - I think it was this past Sunday driving South on the 400 - around Holland Marsh. My first spotting - pretty bad since I have not seen mine yet (next week maybe I am told).

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have not seen another one in Houston yet. I am out on the highways almost daily for work. My Son saw one about a week ago.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For the ontario members, I finally saw one - I think it was this past Sunday driving South on the 400 - around Holland Marsh. My first spotting - pretty bad since I have not seen mine yet (next week maybe I am told).
I've seen 1! Was home in Sudbury and it was there. Was very similar to what I ordered (Blue Streak Outdoorsman with Black 20s) except it was the darker true blue and tinted. Looked great!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I saw a 3D here in Ajax Ont. for the first time last week. Followed the guy 2 lights past my turn...then saw the dealer plates. Test driver I guess. But I'm being told by several dealers they can't keep the 3D on the lot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts