RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 17 Ram 1500 Crew Cab (Longhorn). I added a 3" leveling kit in the front & a 2" kit in the rear. Also installed 35" tires & 1.5" spacers. About a month & a half ago I started noticing some constant (and very annoying) squeaking coming from the front end. The home mechanic who installed the leveling kit & tires advised that he thought it was the bushing in the A-Arms because of the lift. So I went on to Readylift and purchased new control arms for a 2 to 4 inch lift. We properly greased and installed them but it's still squeaking. nonstop and more pronounced when you hit bumps.

Anyone have an idea what I should look into?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
4,167 Posts
any urethane bushings would be suspect of squeaking, and unless you like greasing them all the time get rid of them.
Check the top and bottom of the shocks mounts along with the spacers used. I'm guessing something has loosened up.
Get someone to bounce up and down on the radiator core support so you can possibly here where the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any urethane bushings would be suspect of squeaking, and unless you like greasing them all the time get rid of them.
Check the top and bottom of the shocks mounts along with the spacers used. I'm guessing something has loosened up.
Get someone to bounce up and down on the radiator core support so you can possibly here where the noise is coming from.
Thanks, great idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts