RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Limited 4x4 3.0 ED, 3.21 LSD, Level 1, Technology, trailer tow, bed utility groups
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@RamCares If you have read this post from the start, is it something that RamCares could/would help with? It's due to a fuel station having gasoline in their diesel tank. If so, I will be glad to send a direct message.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
My auto insurance would be helping me with this issue since fuel contamination is covered under my comprehensive insurance. I specifically asked my insurance agent what would happen if I had a HPFP failure due to contaminated fuel. She said they cover the cost up front to get me back on the road, then they go after the fuel station for the damages.

·
Registered
2021 Limited 4x4 3.0 ED, 3.21 LSD, Level 1, Technology, trailer tow, bed utility groups
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I contacted my insurance agent and am covered for it, but she advised that they would end up in the middle, that it would take longer than to continue dealing with the station itself, and I would be out the deductible until it was resolved. The problem currently is waiting on parts availability.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I cannot believe it did not sieze up. It should have. I would be demanding a new engine !!!!!!!!!!!
It should have? Why? Did I miss something or do we now know how much gasoline was in the diesel? For all we know it could have been only 10% gasoline and 90% diesel in the fuel he pumped into his truck (which was only 65% of the fuel in his tank). That would mean 1.7 gallons of gasoline and 24.3 gallons of diesel in there.

Is that enough to cause his engine to seize up in 20-something (?) miles of driving?

Reactions: SlowRoller

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 ED Laramie 4x4 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,690 Posts
With older pumps, I would say yes. He would have been lucky to make it out of the station depending on how long he idled before leaving the pumps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey there,

Have you started a case with Ram Cares yet? We'd like to see how we can help you with this. If you'd like, send us a direct message so we can see how we might assist!

Callie
Ram Cares
I sent a message to Ram Cares last week as you suggested and have not heard back.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I sent a message to Ram Cares last week as you suggested and have not heard back.
We appreciate your patience while we've reached back out to you. We look forward to continuing our conversation via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The remaining parts arrived last week. They began doing the repairs on Friday. Yesterday's update says they expect to be completed with repairs early next week. I'm still waiting to hear what the oil analysis shows, and scoping of the cylinders should be happening today or tomorrow while replacing the fuel injectors.

As for compensation, I've been passed around SEVEN times now, most recently when the station's corporate insurance company said the tanker delivery company wants to handle the case and dropped everything, now in talks with the tanker company's representatives, but still not approved. I fear I may have to pay for the repairs myself and be reimbursed later (OUCH!). This has not been a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Hang in there don't give em' an inch your patience and hard work hopefully will be rewarded soon!

Reactions: 3DHawkeye

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I fear I may have to pay for the repairs myself and be reimbursed later (OUCH!).
I thought your auto insurance would pay for it until reimbursement kicks in. No?

Reactions: 1shadowsabre
21 - 31 of 31 Posts