RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say this "coupon" to save some money on a dealership oil change seems like a joke.

Maybe it will cover your sales tax. :)

>> $10 off Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 oil change up to 13 quarts. - See Attached PDF
* Includes DEF top off up to 2 gal. | Expires March 31, 2017

Anyways for what its worth ($10 LOL I crack myself up) ... I believe anyone can use it, no 1 time use code or anything from what I can tell.

I just got mine changed under what was negotiated at time of purchase and have no need for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't go to the dealer I bought from for service, bad experience, but the dealer I do go to isn't a stealership either, both are employers of people trying to make a living, and a profit, a bad attitude walking in the door of a retail buisness is just a bad attitude. Just making. A point, not dissing

·
Registered
789 Posts
Service department at the dealership I bought my truck from is fantastic. I wasn't a fan of the sales department, but I got a good deal and they've taken care of me on service. If nothing else, I'll use it for the DEF top-off. I don't buy DEF from anywhere but the dealer with the emissions issues some have had and an FCA customer service rep telling me that if he communicated nothing else to me on the phone, that I should be buying DEF at the dealer and nowhere else because they are flat out denying warranty claims for emissions issues if you're using non-Mopar DEF.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
they are flat out denying warranty claims for emissions issues if you're using non-Mopar DEF.
If only OEM fluid must be used and nothing else, then that fluid must be provided free of charge.
Owner's manual states any DEF must meet ISO 22241.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Service department at the dealership I bought my truck from is fantastic. I wasn't a fan of the sales department, but I got a good deal and they've taken care of me on service. If nothing else, I'll use it for the DEF top-off. I don't buy DEF from anywhere but the dealer with the emissions issues some have had and an FCA customer service rep telling me that if he communicated nothing else to me on the phone, that I should be buying DEF at the dealer and nowhere else because they are flat out denying warranty claims for emissions issues if you're using non-Mopar DEF.
dealer is full of BS

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
I should be buying DEF at the dealer and nowhere else because they are flat out denying warranty claims for emissions issues if you're using non-Mopar DEF.
Just like what kingpin98 stated. DEF is DEF, as long as it is not contaminated or old. Go with what convenient and/or cheaper for you.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
$10 is $10... if you don't want it go ahead and send me a PM and ill send you my address to mail it to LOL

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Walmart super tech brand has the certification printed on the bottle and is $7 and change for a 2.5 gal jug. Like others have said if they want to require you use Mopar oil, def, filters, etc. they have to provide them for free.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Thanks.

There are many who take their vehicles to dealers and have them perform the simple maintenance required. Most of us on this forum would recoil in horror at the prices some dealers charge just for the T6 and doing the oil change. Many have to pay because they have no choice. For them, this coupon is a good thing. For those of us that do it ourselves, it would be like paying a disaster company to come to the house and clean up some drips of oil on the garage floor.

Different people have different needs. There are owners who will appreciate that coupon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
First let me say this "coupon" to save some money on a dealership oil change seems like a joke.

Maybe it will cover your sales tax. :)

>> $10 off Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 oil change up to 13 quarts. - See Attached PDF
* Includes DEF top off up to 2 gal. | Expires March 31, 2017

Anyways for what its worth ($10 LOL I crack myself up) ... I believe anyone can use it, no 1 time use code or anything from what I can tell.

I just got mine changed under what was negotiated at time of purchase and have no need for it.
For those that do their own oil changes Rotella has a $5/ gallon rebate going on for 2017 :
Save $5 Per Gallon Back By Mail | Shell ROTELLA®

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oreillys has rotella T6 5w-40 for $22 with $5 mail in rebate $17 gal thru March

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I took delivery of my truck I noticed that the DEF gauge was below 3/4 so I asked if them to fill it. The parts dept. was out of DEF so they sent a guy down to a local auto parts store to but a jug of DEF. It took two guys to fill it, one watching the gauge and the other pouring the DEF. The guy pouring was real careful not to get any on his hands and told me that the DEF is bull piss. If they ever gave me a bad time about not using MOPAR DEF I would tell them that the dealer filled mine with a non MOPAR DEF.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts