RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals, this is copy of a post from 2017, there was little to no reply's, I don't have a Diesel, but think its pretty much the same truck ( 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi ) "" I have a nuisance sound coming from the steering wheel, or behind the wheel when driving. I can usually get it to stop for a few moments by either putting pressure on the wheel (pushing or pulling on the wheel while holding it) or by striking the wheel with the palm of my hand. It’s almost like loose pieces of plastic or something is rattling inside the column or wheel. I have done extensive searches on the ‘net, but the only hits I have received are about noises while turning the wheel, and this is happening while driving straight on the road. Any thoughts as to what it could be, or has anyone experienced the same phenonium? ""
This is the same issue I am having with my truck, almost sounds like arcing, a very lite noise, everything on the steering wheel works fine. I have not tried anything in the copied post as far as pushing, pulling, striking.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
There was a recall for The steering column wiring harness, Basically they tie wrap it from rattling/ Rubbing... Sounds like your issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting on the recall, and thank you on the reply, I'm not thinking that's it though ( not that's its impossible ) but just by going by the sound, funny haven't heard in in a few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts