1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well I took the plunge after doing some research and talking with this company and ordered their programmer. They assured me it was designed for our trucks... I like the safe HP and torque they are making and according to them a real world mpg gain of approx. 10 to 12%...that 3mpg's that's awesome gets you up close to. the mid 30's!! I'm sold... hope it works well!
Got a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
How much is it?!?!? 2,237.00 Euros!??!?!

Looks like a piggy back system so they wont be able to trace it. Thats perfect for us. I had one on my BMW N20 and it kicked some serious butt.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Any proof it is made for the eco diesel ?, reviews? , dyno test? anything? , 2200$ Can't find anything from that link , I would wait and see if there will be a better program for a better price

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are a lot of reviews of the company it'self they make top notch stuff, very good reputation...I had a lot of apprehensions going in but after speaking with them, I feel much more at ease. yes this unit is designed for our specific trucks, the R and D that goes into these type of units is amazing, this IS the kind of tuner that's easiest on your trucks engine stress wise....and if you don't like it you pull the box off, untraceable! It was expensive yes... I guess like anything in life you pay for what you get.... I hope lol

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Very interested... but the bluespark unit is a fraction of the price, also with good reviews. (or am I missing something?)

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's a euro engine so they probably have a design for it.

On the downside, it's pretty standard these days to design engine control units to detect and store data showing a power tune was run. If so, you no longer have a warranty. That might be a big price to pay for a new and unknown engine.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honda I think the bluespark gets it boost in HP a different way by pushing up rail pressures and turbo pressure

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm very interested to hear your experience with it once you get it installed. Doesn't flash, modify tune, change boost, fuel pressure or timing. simply intercepts the injection command post ecu and extends injection duration. Seems like it would not be detectable by the truck control systems. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am very happy with the power of my truck to be honest.... I would love to see a pure MPG tuner/delete combo to push our trucks up into the high 30's on the hwy!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And ya that's my understanding ram will not be able to tell you have used this unit...it's not a huge hp/tq boost but I am pretty excited over 500#'s and almost 300hp this truck is going to be unreal

Reactions: huntergl

·
Registered
230 Posts
Any guess as to the increase in towing capacity, if any, this would give your ED?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am having a hard time comprehending this but I think with a price tag of over $1,995 and only a ten to twelve percent fuel savings I think that you are going to have to drive over a 100,000 miles to pay for this if you are only after the fuel savings.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes that's right, obviously I didn't buy it for fuel alone.... if I could buy one that had a good rep for just mpg's I would buy it and in the future who knows what's going to come out.... I bought this one based on the companies rep and the combo of fuel/power without cranking up turbo and rail pressures... the couple times a year I am towing 10000 pounds this will be a godsend!! even 7-8k loads for that matter and you can turn it on or off with the flick of a switch if you like.... and if I don't like it, I can send it back for a full refund, so at the end of the day I look at it as a low risk for me.... it is an expensive unit though, I am guessing because it's a lot more time consuming to figure outhow to make HP this way then the easier way of just boosting pressures

·
Registered
267 Posts
And ya that's my understanding ram will not be able to tell you have used this unit...it's not a huge hp/tq boost but I am pretty excited over 500#'s and almost 300hp this truck is going to be unreal
If everything works great for you I'll prob be ordering one for my ED! The stock 8 speed transmission is only rated to handle up to 516 ft lbs of torque so that'll put you right up there. Sounds like a great mod that'll fulfill the trucks maximum potential.

·
Registered
817 Posts
There'll be many ways for them to tell. They designed the engine system to perform within tolerance of many parameter and there's computers, sensors, and memory storage to make sure it happens. Tunes add an easy to detect signature.

There's fewer and fewer folks willing to gamble with after market diesel tuners these days. I thought about it for my dmax but it was a PITA needing an exhaust pipe purchase and install to bypass the DPF and it can cost upwards of $2000. And then every 2 or 4 years I'd need to restore the hardware for registration and emissions testing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Piggyback systems like The steinbauer cannot be traced. There is no modification to the stock ecm so therefore the vehicle continues to use the stock ecm parameters. Now if you don't hook up the the system correctly the stock ecm will detect a fault and throw an engine code. I've been using a similar system on my 2012 bmw 320i and have never had the dealership tell me squat. I was pushing 245hp out of that 4 cylinder rated at 180hp. This system will definitely work but don't expect to make any adjustments. For that you'll need something that plugs into the obd port. That type of system can be detected. The only system that I would trust out there (past experience with my heavily modified dodge charger) is the diablosport predator. They are one of the few tuners who actually copy your entire ecm on there programmer and then download there update into the ecm. If you ever have to take your car in, simply hook it up to the car and write the original backup file to the ecm.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts