RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My limited came with them.....that being said i think trucks look better with outthem my dealer gave me 850 credit to take them off...

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can get rock rails with a flat top and use them as steps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have a set like the Lund's on my 2010... but they were half price. they are stainless, and hold my 240 lb butt.

I got them from ebay. guess I'll have to get a new set ordered.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I want wheel to wheel style. When my order was placed (CC, 4x4, Laramie) there was a conflict per my salesman. I may buy factory, but there are some really nice aftermarket, Lund, Weston, etc..

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a pair of Westin universal boards on my GMC 2500HD (not using anymore). I really like these a lot because they come right up against the rocker panel (keeps dirt, mud and road gravel from chipping paint). This style is no longer made. Will have to take some measurements next weekend. I think the brackets for the Ram will fit these universal boards.

·
Registered
693 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I currently have a set of "CARR" super wide sirrup steps on my '97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 and they work perfectly for my wife to get in the cab. She broke her right ankle really bad (7 pins & a plate) and without them there's no way she could get in. When I order my new ED Ram I will have to look at how deep the running boards are because she can stick her foot into the stirup without hitting the bottom of door jam. If I have to I will order a set from MOPAR I saw on thier site just like mine but say RAM on front edge.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Like the flat running boards.

Bigfoot may get the last laugh with the air suspension ! pretty cool feature.... .air raising or lowering truck, probably get some looks at the ice cream stand !

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the OEM wheel-to-wheel on my '13 3500 Cummins and they are top notch. I ordered my ED in Laramie Longhorn, and chose to keep the standard painted running boards that come on it instead of the $600 upcharge for chrome full-length bars. After having a Laramie Longhorn loaner for a few weeks, I've found the running boards to be pretty nice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the factory running boards deleted on my Limited because I am going to get a set of these installed. My buddy has them on his F250 Crew Cab and they are great. Fold down and light up when you need them, tuck up out of the way when you don't. They don't limit ground clearance off road, and aren't going to get caught on something. They aren't cheap, but are worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had the factory running boards deleted on my Limited because I am going to get a set of these installed. My buddy has them on his F250 Crew Cab and they are great. Fold down and light up when you need them, tuck up out of the way when you don't. They don't limit ground clearance off road, and aren't going to get caught on something. They aren't cheap, but are worth it in my opinion.

These are really cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts