RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
710 Posts
Good to know. I havent said much on the forum about it since I am still getting used to the truck. The 30k trip b showed average 18.2 and the 4k trip 8 showed 17.8. Since I took it over I have been holding right around 18, but like I said, I am doing storm prep so I just assumed it was normal for now. I will do more investigating next week when things calm down here. I also want to bring it to my dealer to have them do a once over since I picked it up from a GM dealer.

Mostly, I have been watching threads like this one and seeing hope for mine :D
What size and model tires? that will tell a lot... I lost 4mpg overall and like 6 mpg on the highway just going from the 31.5" to the 34.5" version of the same 4 ply tire with a bilstein strut lift lift raising the front almost 5" and the back 6" with 2" lift shocks (previous owner had it lowered 2/4 front back) Some folks never get their tire size reprogrammed so they go by inaccurate mileage and mpg.. just for the record, I tried out some 10ply 34" tires for about 4 months while waiting for my backordered nitto G2s and when I went from the 10ply 34 to the 4ply 34s I did pick up a solid 1.5mpg ymmv..

· Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
710 Posts
It’s interesting. From what I heard they compared by their words way too much oil and probably not enough. What does stock level equate too in way too much etc?
I saw the whole episode and they did in fact find that even with the stock level there was power loss compared to being low on the dipstick. Their point validated things such as performance windage trays and dry sump systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts