RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is for the 2500 Ram but its a nice write up and includes some dyno tests (take those for what they are). If I read this right, this is essentially the identical thing that bluespark does for the 1500 ED.

anyway, its a nice write up with clear pics and some info about changes to EGT (so important to keep an eye on those).

Stryker Injector Duration Module For 2013 to 2014 Rams - Diesel Tech

Wonder if they have anything coming for the ED?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes sir, Dennis Perry (owner of TS) has said they will be manufacturing the Stryker for the Eco Diesel. I have ran the Stryker in the 10-14's and the performance is pretty decent. Unlike the Bluspark though, the Stryker is duration injection based and does not use boost like the Bluespark.

The price tag is slightly higher as we retail them for $825.

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
So james, they are basically a steinbauer?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@RSD maybe you can offer your thoughts on the merits of the two different approaches? i thought the bluespark w/boost module was (at least on paper) a better overall approach as adding more air should improve efficiency along with keeping EGT's from raising. whether it is steinbauer or stryker's module that is injection modifying, don't you still need to add air to take advantage of more fuel? or is there something else at work and i'm just missing it? if someone is looking to just go a "mild" tune to try and cut down the turbo lag, and just improve normal driving response/acceleration, what would make the most sense? it seems like a discussion that has to start with the question 'what are you trying to do?' and based on that answer would help someone determine what the best tool/method is to accomplish...

·
Registered
341 Posts
@RSD maybe you can offer your thoughts on the merits of the two different approaches? i thought the bluespark w/boost module was (at least on paper) a better overall approach as adding more air should improve efficiency along with keeping EGT's from raising. whether it is steinbauer or stryker's module that is injection modifying, don't you still need to add air to take advantage of more fuel? or is there something else at work and i'm just missing it? if someone is looking to just go a "mild" tune to try and cut down the turbo lag, and just improve normal driving response/acceleration, what would make the most sense? it seems like a discussion that has to start with the question 'what are you trying to do?' and based on that answer would help someone determine what the best tool/method is to accomplish...
Hey boss, I actually prefer the method of the Bluespark which is similar to the way Edge and Banks uses. The Stryker is duration based so the more throttle you give the more the injection increases where it makes its power. On a diesel, more air the merrier. I have read posts regarding too much air or fuel and the ECM does not register properly, unless the engine management is different than light duty diesels, we want all the air we can give them. Its a personal preference but I like the rail pressure/boost method of the Bluespark/Edge.

James
RSD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts