RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone has any suggested maintenance I should be looking into soon? The truck is still really new... just passed 2k miles. Also any suggestions on what oil to use when I change it??

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,336 Posts
The truck is still really new... just passed 2k miles. Also any suggestions on what oil to use when I change it??
Your a ways from an oil change but as long as it is Chrysler MS-11106 then after that is your own personal preference or what you want to spend.
Keep an eye on your oil and coolant levels, watch for any leaks and enjoy the truck!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
please read the book that came with the truck. There are very clear maintenance requirements and very clear lubrication requirements. There's merit in discussing additional or more frequent maintenance than suggested by the people that designed and built the vehicle but please be sure you are very aware of the basic requirements.

All the best,

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
Since even your first oil change is a long distance off, you have plenty of time to source the oil filter and oil. Look at the links provided, read the owners manual and look around here some more.

There are even oil change videos on You Tube to watch. It's good to learn so you must be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts