RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 CC, 4x4, short bed. Installed this due to being too lazy to get air bags. Airbags are good, but require some maintenance, and upkeep. This bump stops, are pretty much bullet prof. As well i did not want to change the quality of the ride when empty, or raise the back of the truck. I usually ride completely empty, but once a month tow travel trailer (about 7 k loaded with 700 lbs TW) 5 passengers and bed with camping staff. Install was easy, 8 bolts each side with some being hard to get to, took about 30 min each side the most. Ride: when empty (1/2- 3/4 inch space between axel and bump stop), i dont feel it until i hit something significant, when it feels as it tighten up the suspension. Just tight, as maybe sport sedan tightness. Pleasant i would say, not bumpy, or jerky at all. When fully loaded, compressed about 30 %, it did improve the sag some, as i always use WDH, better suspension control with vertical travel on the highway speed, no more hard hit when hit speed bumps on low speed, and overall feels more controlled when loaded. Overall, like the product. Works well

·
Registered
392 Posts
On my 2011 1500 I got Firestone coilrite airbags, which came with oversize jounce bumpers. They worked great in tandem and the heavy loads I towed. The air bags gave me grief, a lot of grief driving in dusty and extreme cold conditions.

What I learned? If I did it all over again I would have got timbrens or similar. They work great and you are right, they are bulletproof.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Once again I clicked on something thinking "Coool! New parts for the 2020!" and it's about the prior generation.

The moderators need to get the main page retitled or rearranged in a way that people will notice which section they're posting in.

·
Super Moderator
3,235 Posts
Fan of a quality axle to frame bag set up. That said I wouldn’t mind trying the sumo neoprene springs. They would have to be hands down better than the Timbrens bump stops and work a lot more like an air bag that supports & dampens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts