RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had anyone done this? My problem is at bank 1, sensor 1; so I'm assuming it's on the exhaust manifold somewhere....???

Any tips? I need to get this done soon because my inspection is due this month.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Flipside.... A code is needed in regards to folks with opinions and personal experiences and possible fixes , Without a code, No one can even attempt to help you out...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flipside.... A code is needed in regards to folks with opinions and personal experiences and possible fixes , Without a code, No one can even attempt to help you out...
The code is P0030.

Can you assist?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The code is P0030.

Can you assist?

that sensor is pre turbine inlet. check the internet for parts schematics and you should be able to locate it. it is quite possible you will have to get at it from the underside of the truck or through a wheel well since the turbo is located in the back of the V.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Having been there done that, hunt up a tool looking like this, well, take a look at the sensor first, there's also a spanner sensor tool, for tight spaces.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I think I can see it from the underside of the truck (passenger side). It's there only 2 O2 sensors in our trucks? I see one toward the back as well.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I didn't think diesels have O2 sensors. You should double check that.

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Thanks guys! I think I can see it from the underside of the truck (passenger side). It's there only 2 O2 sensors in our trucks? I see one toward the back as well.

be careful. you may not be looking at O2 sensors. this truck has a number of EGT sensors. pre turbine, pre doc, pre dpf, post dpf.

i know there are also a couple of NOx sensors as well as manifold presshre and pre dpf pressure.

i dont know if this truck actually has O2 sensors.

·
Registered
766 Posts
From my bluedriver scan data base, see attached on sensor/location: I have never pulled that type of sensor, last 1 I did was a knock sensor on a Lumina, so U would have to get with the guru's on here. Definitely get a 2nd opinion before you do ne thing from what I post as I am not a mechanic,., just have played when necessary, lol....

p0030 sensor.JPG

T-bird :cool:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I believe there are two O2 sensors on the EcoDiesel. I base this off of moparpartsonline which shows upper and a lower 02 sensor for the 3.0 liter eco diesel. Does anyone know how to use torque app or something similar to test them to make sure they are performing up to spec? Does anyone know what the normal parameters of the two 02 sensors should be?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts