Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Synopsis:
Prairie Pearl-coat Outdoorsman
Ordered on 4/25/14 (no deposit)
4:92 rear-end.
17" wheels
Dealer calls on 5/29; truck is in Denver (250 miles away) waiting on transport.
Saturday morning June 7th: I drive by dealer on my way to work; there it sits (right in front of the front door).
Saturday night; way home from work, can't spot truck at dealer. Stop at stoplight there it is right across from me.
After a shower the wife and I head to the dealer; (dealer is closed by now) there it sits again right in front.
Looking at the window sticker everything is right except 3:55 rear-end and 20" wheels.
On the way to work this morning I see (my truck?) driving down the road again.
Dealer still had not called to tell me it is in.

Questions:
How long should I give the dealer to call and let me know the truck is in? "Or should I call them and ask WTF"?
What is a legitimate amount of miles on a special ordered truck?
Should I be able to get a good discount for all the test drive miles and the wrong options or should I just re-order from them or another dealer and get it the way I want it?
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's not your truck, that's the dealership's truck. You should have given them some type of consideration (i.e., deposit). "Your truck" is being used as a test drive mule. LOL!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Synopsis:
Prairie Pearl-coat Outdoorsman
Ordered on 4/25/14 (no deposit)
4:92 rear-end.
17" wheels
Dealer calls on 5/29; truck is in Denver (250 miles away) waiting on transport.
Saturday morning June 7th: I drive by dealer on my way to work; there it sits (right in front of the front door).
Saturday night; way home from work, can't spot truck at dealer. Stop at stoplight there it is right across from me.
After a shower the wife and I head to the dealer; (dealer is closed by now) there it sits again right in front.
Looking at the window sticker everything is right except 3:55 rear-end and 20" wheels.
On the way to work this morning I see (my truck?) driving down the road again.
Dealer still had not called to tell me it is in.

Questions:
How long should I give the dealer to call and let me know the truck is in? "Or should I call them and ask WTF"?
What is a legitimate amount of miles on a special ordered truck?
Should I be able to get a good discount for all the test drive miles and the wrong options or should I just re-order from them or another dealer and get it the way I want it?
Thanks for the input!
There are ways to check if it is your truck. If it was a sold order to you, then the window sticker will have your name at the top. You can also call Ram Customer Assistance with your VIN to find out the truck's status.

I take it you never got an order sheet from the dealer? It would have shown whether the 3.92 rear axle and 17" wheels were accepted. There were restrictions on those items so this might be your truck. The dealer may well take it for a test drive during their pre-delivery inspection but if it has more than 10 miles on the odometer that would be unusual. No telling why they have not called you but possibly the responsible salesman was not in.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya I agree if they used your truck for test drives I would say I don't want it and never buy off of them again for the disrespect!! If it was yours that is.... could be a lot truck if it is yours on the top of the window sticker it will say this truck is built for (your name)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have the build sheet and I did get an email from Ram with the Vin #.
Pretty sure everyone at the dealership knows that I ordered the truck.
The owner is the one that imput the order and he is also the one that told me I didn't need to give them a deposit.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It might not be the truck you ordered, either. The rear end ratio and wheels are different, so they could have simply brought in one unit from their allocation similar to what you expressed interest in, trying to split the difference.

If it's me, I'm calling the dealer to ask them when they were going to call me to come in and look at the truck I expressed interest in. Maybe the saleman isn't even there any more. ;)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Go look at the vin # afterhours!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"That's not your truck, that's the dealership's truck. You should have given them some type of consideration (i.e., deposit)."
DanDoo,
I did give them some type of consideration...... I gave them "my word"!
Don't know about you, but when I give my word it means something!

·
Registered
121 Posts
"That's not your truck, that's the dealership's truck. You should have given them some type of consideration (i.e., deposit)."
DanDoo,
I did give them some type of consideration...... I gave them "my word"!
Don't know about you, but when I give my word it means something!
Good for you, but money talks and BS walks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good for you, but money talks and BS walks.
Pretty sure I know which of the 2 you have the most of !!:confused:

This is a small local dealer that the same family has owned for over 50 years and I personally have bought at least 7 vehicles from them.
You would think they would show me some consideration.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Well did you check the Vin #?

As told and asked by others ... Is it your truck?

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is a small local dealer that the same family has owned for over 50 years and I personally have bought at least 7 vehicles from them.
You would think they would show me some consideration.
I've never met you and I don't even respect you. You best listen to the others and go on down there and figure out if it is your truck.
Daniel Doo, M.D., Board Certified Thoracic Surgeon, C.P.A., and Certified Financial Planner.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you ordered it and put a deposit down, they are not supposed to use "Your truck" for test drives. My sales guy told me they would have loved to use mine for that purpose but they cannot due to internal rules. I had 3 miles on the odometer when I took delivery.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Regarding questions, how about asking the RAM engineers ablout about the in's and outs of the " tow /haul" mode feature? Seems to be lots of interest I that area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've never met you and I don't even respect you. You best listen to the others and go on down there and figure out if it is your truck.
Daniel Doo, M.D., Board Certified Thoracic Surgeon, C.P.A., and Certified Financial Planner.
A very wise man once told me “ don’t confuses education with intelligence”

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well did you check the Vin #?

As told and asked by others ... Is it your truck?
Yep its my truck... didn't even have to check the Vin#.....there it was right above the mpg rating " This Truck was Especially Built For ----ME----
I plan to be at the dealership in the morning to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Wow I would be pissed!!! If it been used as a test mule and has more than a few miles I would tell them to shove it up thier *ss! That's so disrespectful!!

Reactions: CB919

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Good. Good that you found out.

Now find out why they did not inform you in a "timely" manner. Good luck with your new truck.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Deposit or not, the truck was spec ordered and built for you. It's got your name on the Window sticker. The dealership should be reported to Ram.

Reactions: CB919
1 - 20 of 36 Posts