RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, pardon my '80s Detroit street slang there, but it seems fitting. I'm a product of the 80's, my truck is from Detroit and here we are today, living la vida loca, as it were. :D

Now, we all know it pays to have a good relationship with your dealer. And today is proof... :)

Just checked for an update on my truck...

1 - went from JS/QA on Saturday to KZ on Saturday. Updates done (apparently) and truck has been invoiced and is ready for shipping!
2 - It is at the rail yard now (Middlebelt Yard) and scheduled for shipping to...somewhere else in Detroit I gather (Detroit Jefferson Assembly) for further processing. Wonder if some rail yard workers are planning a small road trip to "
" between locations...? LOL (80's reference in there - see what I did there?)
3 - From DJA it heads to Chicago (on roughly the 7th of June)
4 - Then it's off to Spokane with a journey starting on the 9th of June.
5 - delivery to dealer is noted as June 19th - ish - they go to lengths to explain the delivery date is an estimate, etc., etc., etc.

Now, as luck would have it, I'm in Chicago on the 19th...talk about ships passing in the night! LOL

And I want them to spray line the bed at the dealership, so if the dates firm up as expected, I'm going to try for a June 28th pickup...just two days after my birthday. :) And that'd make my order-to-drive-home time 2 months and 4 days...so right on the 8 weeks quoted to me up front. ;)

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
I'm wondering if I'm the better for having taken 5 minutes to watch that.

Did identify with the CRT television. Own 6 different flat-screen TV's to 55". Have them at my Georgia place, in the toy hauler, office, main room, bedrooms etc. The one I turn on the most is a small, old CRT thing my long-deceased mother had in her nursing-home room. Kind of wish it was black n white. As for the music, and your message.

What did you say?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Kim Mitchell now does the drive home spot on Q 107...Toronto's Classic Rock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts