RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, our truck has reached the rail yard in Spokane overnight. Just got the update from SPP on the Z this morning.

Train Arrival
06/16/2014 07:19 AM EDT
On Railcar - Spokane, WA

Booked our flight for June 28th yesterday, though finding a hotel room is proving problematic since there is a 3-on-3 basketball tournament happening in Spokane that weekend. Oh well, we'll figure that issue out.

Estimate is that by Noon today the truck will be unloaded, then by the 19th it'll be at the dealer. Perfect. They can do the spray-in liner and window tint, the PDI and deeper checks I requested (with the checklist I've shared here and sent to them already). I'm in Chicago most of this week talking to about 200 small businesses, so that'll keep me occupied until Friday.

Dogs to groomer Saturday, while away the week, stuff said cleansed mutts into carry-on bags Friday evening, skip to Spokane and meet the dealer on Saturday AM. Going to be stupid excited, I know! Still, there is work to be done. Those brown fuzzy dice I've had for weeks now won't hang themselves, after all!

Its about a 6 hour drive on the back roads from Spokane to Seattle, so that'll be most of our day on the 28th. We'll need to stop somewhere for a blanket to cover the back seat so mutts can lounge properly, but once that's done, we'll be rollin', rollin', rollin' most of the day. Highway, two lanes, mountain passes and such. Great way to get to know the new rig. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Congrats! I believe you will love it!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I second the congrats. You'll love the truck and the mileage. I think you already know that. Enjoy your trip!

Don't forget to post some pictures when you can get the chance.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
congrats! Long time coming! Lol

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrats! Long time coming! Lol
Right at 10 weeks from my order date, to the day I plan to pick it up. (Literally 10 weeks plus one day.)

In fairness, though, it's due THIS week at the dealership, and I'm not available to pick it up until the 28th, so its actually closer to the suggested 8 week delivery time I was originally quoted. Solid. :) Beat the Chrysler estimate of 10 - 12 weeks handily. :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That's good of you at the dealer, it gives them a week to give people test drives, I'm sure they have tons of people waiting for a turn lol

Reactions: gleb

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good of you at the dealer, it gives them a week to give people test drives, I'm sure they have tons of people waiting for a turn lol
Yeah, so we covered THAT in yesterday's phone call. I told my salesman he could take a drive or two to see what the new truck was like. He said there was no need and to expect there to be somewhere between 22 and 26 miles on the odo when I got the truck on the 28th. ;) I think that's just fine in my book... :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
So how long did it take from being built until arriving at Dave Smith?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So how long did it take from being built until arriving at Dave Smith?
Covered that above... ;)

Right at 10 weeks from my order date, to the day I plan to pick it up. (Literally 10 weeks plus one day.)

In fairness, though, it's due THIS week at the dealership, and I'm not available to pick it up until the 28th, so its actually closer to the suggested 8 week delivery time I was originally quoted. Solid. Beat the Chrysler estimate of 10 - 12 weeks handily.
It's not "at" DSM yet, but IS at the rail yard in Spokane right now - likely off the railcar by now, today. Should be at DSM by...Thursday this week.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Like I said... How long from completion until delivery? Not order date.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OUCH...

43 days,, I didn't want to hear that.. My truck was just finished according to SPP.. God I hope it doesn't take 43 days..
As I said, the truck was sitting in QA for two straight weeks. And that might have been due to a few factors...

1 - it got a computer reflash everyone was due for and was held to get that at the factory.
2 - I had the order changed literally three days before production started.

A gent and I were joking on the Z because we learned our build dates were the same day. His truck was on the line about 3 or 4 spots ahead of mine. For 48 hours we joked about who would win the race. Both trucks finished production within an hour of each other. Mine went to QA and his went directly on a railcar to him... lol. I hadn't even left Quality Assurance and his truck was in his driveway.

So many factors come into play its hard to know when your truck will ship. Once it does ship, however, my experience is that its going to arrive a few days sooner than planned. ;)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Truck is now off the train! Just waiting for a local shuttle to get it to the dealer...and in related, and odd news...

There is a 3-on-3 basketball tournament in Spokane next weekend, rending a search for a room fruitless. The motel 6 was selling for $225/night...LOL

We fly in at 11:23 PM on Friday night, so we'll need to find a room somewhere (resort outside CD, maybe), car service it over, then hit the dealer in the AM. Adventure, indeed... :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Truck is now off the train! Just waiting for a local shuttle to get it to the dealer...and in related, and odd news...

There is a 3-on-3 basketball tournament in Spokane next weekend, rending a search for a room fruitless. The motel 6 was selling for $225/night...LOL

We fly in at 11:23 PM on Friday night, so we'll need to find a room somewhere (resort outside CD, maybe), car service it over, then hit the dealer in the AM. Adventure, indeed... :D
3-on-3 basketball, really? I guess I live in a bubble because that sounds like one of the most stupid sports ideas ever. I guess while I work to pay taxes these idiots come up with all kinds of stupid games.

·
Registered
51 Posts
3-on-3 basketball, really? I guess I live in a bubble because that sounds like one of the most stupid sports ideas ever. I guess while I work to pay taxes these idiots come up with all kinds of stupid games.
Doo,

I seriously hope you are joking... WOW, or maybe your just non-athletic?
3 on 3 b-ball is actually quite fun for us older type. Usually its half court so us over 40 types don't kill ourselves while still getting some cardio and a lil down time.. You should try it, you just might actually smile and meet some good people..

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doo,

I seriously hope you are joking... WOW, or maybe your just non-athletic?
3 on 3 b-ball is actually quite fun for us older type. Usually its half court so us over 40 types don't kill ourselves while still getting some cardio and a lil down time.. You should try it, you just might actually smile and meet some good people..
These people are SERIOUS, though...ain't no way this 40 something is keeping up with them...LOL I like your thinking Oregun, but ah...I'll watch thanks...and take odds... :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
What is SPP? Can my dealer tell me exactly where a truck is located that is "in transit". It's not a special order truck, just normal dealer stock. I don't want to be given the run-around about when the truck might arrive at the dealership. I don't think it should be too hard. You can track packages all over the country, surely a big truck can be tracked, as well.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What is SPP? Can my dealer tell me exactly where a truck is located that is "in transit". It's not a special order truck, just normal dealer stock. I don't want to be given the run-around about when the truck might arrive at the dealership. I don't think it should be too hard. You can track packages all over the country, surely a big truck can be tracked, as well.
SPP is a person - a Chrysler employee. He posts a list on The Z (another RAM forum) and keeps us posted of deliveries, timing, etc.

That said, he needs a VON - vehicle order number and your name. As your truck is not a special order, it might be tough for you to get the dealer to hand over this info (I'm guessing here). Worth asking them for it, but my guess is dealerships don't have VONs for allocation orders they place - but again, I don't factually know this.

BUT, If you have the VON and the name assigned to the truck, SPP can look up the data, add the truck to his daily update list and can watch the progress.

·
Registered
369 Posts
also....if you have your VIN number you can call 800-922-1997 and they will give you updates! congrats on the truck, you will love it!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts