RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the max increase you can go on a 4x4 without installing a lift kit?

I know of other members that have the Air ride can go 1 size taller. No lift kit available for the air ride.

What about the non-air ride?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bilstein 5100 lift struts can lift the front end about 2" over stock. They make the truck level with the rear and will clear 33"-35" tires no problem.
Beware of the spacer levelling kits, they can cause premature failure of front end suspension parts. And, with any front end lift, you MUST do an alignment after install.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Bilstein 5100 lift struts can lift the front end about 2" over stock. They make the truck level with the rear and will clear 33"-35" tires no problem.
Beware of the spacer levelling kits, they can cause premature failure of front end suspension parts. And, with any front end lift, you MUST do an alignment after install.
Robdog, I also installed the Bilstein 5100 leveling struts on mine also set at 2.1 on my 2014 Eco Diesel truck. Makes the truck look much better in my opinion. btw, you have a nice looking truck!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am wanting to put LT325/70/R17 on my 2014 Eco Diesel. I had previously purchased these tires when I had my 2011 Ram 1500 but traded my truck for my new Eco so I have these 4 brand new tires just sitting in my garage. I currently have the stock 20" rims and tires. I did put Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks on it set at 2.1 and I'm fixing to buy 17" rims. Can anybody tell me if these tires will fit without rubbing and what size offset that I would need for 17's? Any advise would be appreciated Thank you

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
At the risk of getting beat up, leveling kits and struts both change front end geometry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts