RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
It would seem to me that if the could get that out of a Cummins, they would have done it by now...
Cap, please don't hold your breath while you wait!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree on the G56. It seems like a great transmission.... when coupled with smaller displacement/power output and conservative driving. I had thought about getting the manual at one point, but just too many stories of issues with the newer, higher output trucks. Sure they derate them to a degree, but they still get issues. Not my cup of tea. I don't feel like dropping a transmission in my driveway to swap out clutches.

I havnt noticed the Aisin gear shopping though, just unloaded in 6th on the highway. One hill in particular, not a steep grade (I live on the prairies) but if it is taken using cruise control at 100-110km/h it drops to 5th. Take it above 110 and it holds 6th all day long. Normally when I am towing, I lock out 6th and usually do my own downshifting so I never really paid much attention to it, or remember.

As for names.. Lol, Patches is a good one! We have names for all our vehicles. My 1993 GMC C1500 that I use to commute to work is an old beast, 377,000km on her. It is a definite rez wagon (A lot of my work is on the Indian reserves in the area). I call it the tugeye taxi but the kids call it Steffy, after the girl we got it from. Our Trailblazer is called just that, the Trailblazer. That's in honour of its incessant chiming every time you drive it. GM seems to have went overboard with the chime. Every time one of our vehicles chimes or the microwave beeps and so on, we thank the Trailblazer for looking out for us. Oh and the 8 passenger D250 van my family had growing up, the one I drove through university, we called it the Talivan.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts