RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to take a CC Outdoorsman with a 3.92 rear for a ride today. My first impression was this truck is F***ing awesome!
I did city and highway driving and averaged 27mpg. Can't wait to get one !

·
Registered
735 Posts
3.92? I don’t think anyone has posted about driving one of those yet! Now you need to drive one with 3.55s and compare! Did you get it up to a nice highway cruise?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just asked on the other forum... but where in PA are you?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I got it up to 75 and the rpm was around 2k biggest thing besides the mpg that impressed me is how strong it felt. It felt like nothing would slow you down :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes I got it up to 75 and the rpm was around 2k biggest thing besides the mpg that impressed me is how strong it felt. It felt like nothing would slow you down :)
Did you notice if it has 20" wheels, or 17s? The Outdoorsman is supposed to come with 17s, but people have been saying the early ones this year came with 20s.

You are contributing to everyone's truck fever on this forum!! :cool:

Reactions: gleb

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It did have 20" wheels
And yes I own a 09 F-150 XLT CC with the 5.4 and the Ecodiesel is 100 times better in every way.
I honestly have never been so impressed by any car/truck before driving the EcoDiesel.

·
Registered
231 Posts
man I cant wait. Mine may be here tomorrow. I hope so!! I wanted the 3.92 gears but wasn't an option when I ordered and I didn't want to wait any longer. Ill be lifting mine 6 inches when it becomes available for this truck and the 3.92s Towing my boat weighs about 5k so all good there either way.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
I posted a pictured with my truck at 75mph showing 1,900 rpm with the 3.55's. If it really is 2,000 rpm that's almost no rpm increase.

I also did a test at 80 mpg and the rpm's were 2,100. Expected the rpm difference to be about 300 more. Interesting.

·
Registered
735 Posts
That is interesting, 3.92s with the 33" tall 20s run the engine a little faster than 3.55s with the 31.6" tall 17s, but not much.

{The big difference would be 3.92/17 (31.6 tall) vs. 3.55/20 (33" tall)}

·
Registered
189 Posts
Love what I'm reading.My EcoD Laramie was ordered on March 1st and has just been built.I got the 3.92's w/20's and the rpm figures stated are just what I'd culclated(hoped) they would be.Lots of hills and crappy roads around here so I'd preferr a few more RPM's.April Fools Day is now my favorite holiday,followed by Ground Hog Day.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Love what I'm reading.My EcoD Laramie was ordered on March 1st and has just been built.I got the 3.92's w/20's and the rpm figures stated are just what I'd culclated(hoped) they would be.Lots of hills and crappy roads around here so I'd preferr a few more RPM's.April Fools Day is now my favorite holiday,followed by Ground Hog Day.
I wish id of waited and got the 3.92s. Mine should be here tomorrow but I ordered first day and had to take the 3.55s. Wouldn't let me order the 3.92s. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I got the 3.55's and 17's. I regularly tow... but the heaviest is my boat at around 5500 lbs. I would rather bog a little, once in a while... and benefit the added MPG, since it's my daily driver. AND... my other trailers are 2500 lbs, or less.

That's my 2010 4.7L TRX4 (Now Outdoorsman) Can't wait for the Ecodiesel !!!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I really wanted to order the new truck as an outdoorsman, because I like the painted bumpers and grill better. BUT... since it was unknown when the ED would be available in the outdoorsman... I just couldn't wait any longer... so I got the BigHorn.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got the 3.55's and 17's. I regularly tow... but the heaviest is my boat at around 5500 lbs. I would rather bog a little, once in a while... and benefit the added MPG, since it's my daily driver. AND... my other trailers are 2500 lbs, or less.

That's my 2010 4.7L TRX4 (Now Outdoorsman) Can't wait for the Ecodiesel !!!!

Nice truck .....that will pull your boat with no problem. Your good for 7, 000 plus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts