RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have 54000 miles on my 2014 and only had 3 active Regens in 4 years.

The first two years were 100 mile daily commutes and the last 2 years has been city driving and idles for service calls. Haven't had an active Regen in over a year. Knock on vinyl since I have no leather or wood in my truck.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hell mine regens about ever two weeks! Every two weeks I get the message to drive at highway speeds.

·
Administrator
8,308 Posts
I have 54000 miles on my 2014 and only had 3 active Regens in 4 years.

The first two years were 100 mile daily commutes and the last 2 years has been city driving and idles for service calls. Haven't had an active Regen in over a year. Knock on vinyl since I have no leather or wood in my truck.
Impossible unless your truck has a full delete.

·
Administrator
8,308 Posts
My 17 just went 2500 miles this morning no regens. At the rate I'm looking at my def will last 10000 miles. Truck is stock

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
NO DEF is used during the regeneration of the DPF.

·
Registered
632 Posts
NO DEF is used during the regeneration of the DPF.
64 miles for work each day. Usually a good cruise in the morning stop and go on the way home. 1200 mile round trip to Florida last week. Never had any message about a regen

·
Administrator
8,308 Posts
64 miles for work each day. Usually a good cruise in the morning stop and go on the way home. 1200 mile round trip to Florida last week. Never had any message about a regen

Regen and regen message are not one in the same unless you are using the GDE tune. Do you have the GDE tune with regen message option?
http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-general-discussion/10328-regeneration-diesel-particulate-filter-dpf.html

·
Registered
318 Posts
My 17 just went 2500 miles this morning no regens. At the rate I'm looking at my def will last 10000 miles. Truck is stock

Regen and regen message are not one in the same unless you are using the GDE tune. Do you have the GDE tune with regen message option?
http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-general-discussion/10328-regeneration-diesel-particulate-filter-dpf.html
Agree with 97. If your truck is stock as you say, you will not get a regen message. Stock trucks will regen every 75-150 miles per manufacturer.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Agree with 97. If your truck is stock as you say, you will not get a regen message. Stock trucks will regen every 75-150 miles per manufacturer.
Noted. I've got a lifetime warranty, also cant justify 750 on a tune for 30 hp

1 - 20 of 34 Posts