RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at a large Chevrolet dealer, Stingray Chevrolet, on I 4 in Florida. Walked in, looked at all the fancy antiques and sport vehicles on display and then got a salesman. He opened up the screen at his desk and there it is.

He confirmed the Denso injection system and other parts I asked about. They were listed. He showed me the pricing and essentially it is what the videos state - same as a large V8 gas engine in price over basic. It will be available in a basic model, something like L4 or whatever. Pricing should then be in the mid $40K range for that model MSRP.

Availability will be a trickle in October maybe. By late November or into December they should be around.for sale. That information was more than I got at a nearby Ram dealer near them on the Ecodiesel. That information is ... nothing exists in their computers. Got that from sales managers hustling to sell me something. Now that's another story.

I walked with a smile.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think it's is Diesel Power magazine that has a headline picture and article with testing on the GM 3.0. Headline talks of something like 33 mpg.

I did not buy or read. Just saw it on the rack at Publix this morning.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Think it's is Diesel Power magazine that has a headline picture and article with testing on the GM 3.0. Headline talks of something like 33 mpg.

I did not buy or read. Just saw it on the rack at Publix this morning.
Magazines cost what hardcover books used to cost. I can afford the groceries or the magazines but not both (at least not the same week). I do my magazine reading at the public library.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
So it's a duramax V6, they didn't go with a different company all together?

I would certainly prefer to boast about my Cummins
Its an inline 6. Someone posted on here it is rumored to be a similar design to the cruze 4 cylinder diesel lengthened by 2 cylinders, same bore/stroke and design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts