RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

Just picked up our '14 EcoDiesel last night and after posting it on Facebook was immediately bombed by manufacturers telling us what they have upcoming.

Tuning wise, TS Performance is testing the Stryker module, Edge is working on their modules and a good friend and well known EFI Live tuner purchased hardware that arrived yesterday to start tuning the PCM as well.

More exhaust systems are coming, Magnaflow just announced their kit and MBRP will be releasing theirs in the upcoming weeks.

The support for this platform will be huge, I am really excited to see what is in the works!

Also check out our category as we will add the products as they are released Rollin Smoke Diesel. 2014 RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
hi RSD - just a thought, maybe a dedicated thread for you as you mod your ED. especially if you are able to provide clear before/after pics, any data/testing your able to share or provide, and maybe even a brief "here's why i changed <THIS> to <THAT>"? not sure what the mods think but i'd love having a single place to follow and learn by following someone who is in the 'tuning' business mod their truck.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure will Jeff, have all kinds of things going through my mind as to where to start and what direction to go with it. I am going to start a thread here this week.

James
RSD

·
Registered
236 Posts
I will buy EFI immediately once it is released. Both Cummins trucks we had it on it was easily hands down the best tune we paid for.

Reactions: Rollin Smoke Diesel

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will buy EFI immediately once it is released. Both Cummins trucks we had it on it was easily hands down the best tune we paid for.
It wont be EFI Live, the EFI tuners that are working on them have maps via different hardware they have been working on but the only downside is it is a ECU swap but they are working on ways around that. It is juts the start but the future looks really good :)

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Thanks for the updates.

·
Registered
274 Posts
RSD,

Are you going to carry the Amp Research Powersteps with the new Plug n Play installation which I understand is soon to be released?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What are the weak links on this engine? How much will the injection pump take before failure? Injectors? Turbo? Some things to consider before you start tinkering around, once you modify you are your own warranty station.
I guess we will be finding out soon enough. I'll be the guinea pig my friend.

James
RSD

·
Registered
233 Posts
Any idea of what MBRP is coming out with? Jut dpf back or they going to have a full system as well?

Any idea how long before we see something from Edge or Efi?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea, There is already MAP packs and stuff available for tuners to use. I bought my cable the other day to pull the read on my ECU. Looks like if we can get it to flash back correct with all the checks... Ill be able to tune these pretty soon. The ECU in our trucks has been around forever, So I don't see any issues on all of this. Just will require a bit of testing to see what the motor and driveline like.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts