RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This month's winner is Penndiana! Congratulations!
:D

Thanks to everyone who took the time and submitted a photo. We'll do this again in a couple of weeks so stay tuned!

·
Registered
241 Posts
The Aero Skin deflector came in the mail today but it was cold and rainy so I did not put it on yet I will update my profile pick with it on when it stops raining and I can add it and wash it up.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The rules said: "Only one picture will be allowed, so make it your best! (do not submit multiple photos or you'll be disqualified)."

The winner submitted two photos. I take it the selection is random? :confused:

Reactions: gleb

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
That's pretty.

Reminds me of the 911 disaster near where the picture was taken. Not only do you have the truck pictured but a memory of American history goes with it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
First the one picture is a thumbnail as it was supposed to be deleted. Yes Captanimal I am about 5 miles from Flight 93. I live about 400 yards from my parents place and they are on top of a hill and you can see from their house where the plane went down. I did not happen to be home that day I was visiting my future wife in Indianpolis and was watching the stuff on tv when they said the plain went down in Somerset county. I tried to call home and could not get through as all circuits were busy was finally able to get through and was shocked as to how close this was to us. Amazing that our sleepy little country town was touched by this tragic day. They have built a nice expensive memorial for these American Hero's.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
First the one picture is a thumbnail as it was supposed to be deleted.
There are two different photos submitted. A mistake or oversight not to delete one? Yes but it is still a violation of a simple, clearly stated rule.

I'm just curious as to why wicked set a rule for the contest and then ignored it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You are not understanding or I am not explaining it correctly. I deleted the one picture but it still shows up as a thumb nail after I deleated it. The tumbnail picture is a deletated picture so I only have one picture.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are not understanding or I am not explaining it correctly. I deleted the one picture but it still shows up as a thumb nail after I deleated it. The tumbnail picture is a deletated picture so I only have one picture.
Sorry for the confusion everyone. Penndiana did delete the image but the attached thumbnail still showed up in the post, therefore his entry was still valid... My fault entirely for not realizing and fixing it.

The staff voted on the winner this month but if we get enough entries next month, we'll choose the top 3 or 5 and put up a poll so you guys can vote on the final outcome.

Next contest will be posted in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned! :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Sorry for the confusion everyone. Penndiana did delete the image but the attached thumbnail still showed up in the post, therefore his entry was still valid... My fault entirely for not realizing and fixing it.

The staff voted on the winner this month but if we get enough entries next month, we'll choose the top 3 or 5 and put up a poll so you guys can vote on the final outcome.

Next contest will be posted in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned! :)
Thanks for the explanation. It would have been a good idea to have mentioned in the entry to ignore the second photo.

I'm still confused about the thumbnail. If there is code in a message linking to an image then it is easy for the OP to delete it in the editing pane. So, you are saying that the thumbnail appears in the message without any code? Or that the OP did not know how to edit a message?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts