RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought my truck the Friday before Labor day. Now, I've had truck before and other than making the exhaust sound better, never really tried to "pimp" my truck. I've always wanted a dodge. I was salivating over the 5.9L Cummins in the 06-07 models before they changed to the 6.7L. The price tag and availability just wasn't in the budget.

I had twins and moved back to 3rd row seating and the great GMC Acadia. I had read there would be a 1500 diesel, but didn't stay involved in diesel conversation. So when the dealership said they had a 1500 Dodge Diesel on a different lot, color me surprised as I didn't realize they had actually ever launched the EcoDiesel. Long story short, I have a truck I truly want to keep and it's out of warranty so the mods are gonna happen.

I've only done "pretty" mods thus far, but with my recent buys, I'm just window tint away from being complete, and moving on to engine and suspension.

I've got a load of Amazon deliveries coming, I'll post pics by the weekend. (My avatar is where I'm headed...my muse)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like where you're headed. I've never owned a RAM before this one so I am looking forward to your pics and maybe see if I can follow along.

My wallet feels lighter already !

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so these had to have added like 50 - 75 HP...guaranteed...

Here is where I started...
2015_RAM.1.jpg

In order of addition...
2015_RAM.6.jpg 2015_RAM.4.jpg
2015_RAM.5.jpg 2015_RAM.9.jpg
2015_RAM.11.jpg 2015_RAM.12.jpg
2015_RAM.13.jpg 2015_RAM.14.jpg

Tonnaeu used $350 from Facebook
Turbo Diesel decal $15 from Amazon
Billet Alum DEF and Fuel cap (pair) $20 Amazon
Billet Alum shifter knob $30 NoEco
Window Vents $45 from Amazon
DT Moto Taillights $120 from DT Moto Ebay

In my possession but yet to be installed:
Headlights and exhaust tips

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on the DT Moto tailights, the driver side worked for one day. Then hyper-flash set in and now the unit doesn't blink. Passenger side still good. in convro with DT Moto.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update, I got the DT Moto lights fixed. One of the wires poked out the back of the connector. I pushed it back in and it's all good.

I'll be taking on exhaust tips next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts