RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my build thread of my first new car ever. I named her Bernadette from the big bang theory. At first glance she's pretty plain but when you look closer she is sexy as hell!

here she is the day she arrived at the dealer. She was getting her post delivery inspection and cleaning.

before wheels and tires and Bilstein 5100 level kit set at 2.8"

after

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Here she is after getting the front windows tinted to match the back doors. This was when I got to take Bernadette home for good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing was to find some original 2500/3500 fender flares. I found a really nice set that were silver so I used PlastiDip and painted them black to match the trim. Then installed some weathertech mud guards.

so this was how far my new wheels stuck out. These are RockStar 775's with a 0 offset, 18" rims. They are wrapped with Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires 35x12.5. No rubbing at all. I did have some slight rubbing on the mud flaps once installed at full lock and a if at an angle like going up or down a driveway but I solved it with a heat gun and forming the flap to mirror the inner wheel well closer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you can see I also debadged the RAM 1500 emblems off the doors and the 4x4 off the tailgate. I'm not a fan of chrome and especially not on Bernadette. Black is her accent color. I did leave the EcoDiesel badges on for bragging rights, lol.

Obviously had to get my custom window decal on her. Apparently my ex didn't find the humor in it like I did.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love that color, especially with the black accents! Looking great!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Real nice truck man!! :D Ram boxes too, how do you like those?

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
I have a cousin named Bernadette. She was the motivation for the Big Bang Theory. Now in her early 70's, she's probably lost that motivation. May you never lose it.

You fixed that sucker up nice..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the great comments guys. I love the Ramboxes. I've had trucks off and on my whole life and I knew how I used them so the Ramboxes fit my lifestyle perfect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Who's leveling kit did you go with? I saw that you mentioned Bilstein 5100's but I was just curious about whose kit it was.. Great looking truck that's the exact stance I'm looking for out of mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Bernadette is a Tradesman model so had the cubby hole thing seen here

I didn't like that so took a trip to my local parts yard and for $50 I got everything to do this conversion.

Other than a slight shade difference in the gray material I think it turned out very well. No one has noticed the difference until I pointed it out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ordered mine very similar to yours, I was pissed when I saw the ram boxes, I was told they could not be ordered on the tradesman. Are you in the states or Can.? mine is granite crystal with the black grill. I have black rims on mine with 33" michilens. I don't want to post any pics till I get my level kit put on. I really like what you did with the top glove box. Great looking truck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered mine very similar to yours, I was pissed when I saw the ram boxes, I was told they could not be ordered on the tradesman. Are you in the states or Can.? mine is granite crystal with the black grill. I have black rims on mine with 33" michilens. I don't want to post any pics till I get my level kit put on. I really like what you did with the top glove box. Great looking truck!
I'm in the states, Oregon to be specific. The Ram Box was an option on the Tradesman but I believe not on the Express. You had to jump to the SLT/Outdoorsman at the time I ordered mine to get the longer 6.5' bed and cc with Ram Box.

·
Registered
396 Posts
when i saw the first picture with the stock wheels i though," ah kind of ugly, dont like the color" then bam next pic totaly changed the look. leveling kit and wheels make her look real pretty. just goes to show just about anything wil look better with a lift and some nice shoes.
nice looking rig!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts