RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What DEF fluid/s (I know, like saying ATM machine) did you use? Have you considered using BlueDEF Platinum going forward?

I hope you get your injector clean and it's not too big of a PITA. 馃
Hi: SavagePatch... It was Air1 and I got it where I always get it. My tech has a code reader so I'm sure we'll have it Tue. Last time I had this much bother with MIL lights the DEF injector was fouled pretty bad, but I never got a countdown message then!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Registered
Subscribing for updates!

Registered
2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 4x4 CC Laramie
Hot wire the starter/relay if you go past the engine will not restart issue. A friend of mine installed a home made push start button to overcome the no restart issue. He's had that system going for a year now.

Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 276,000 KM.
Hi: SavagePatch... It was Air1 and I got it where I always get it. My tech has a code reader so I'm sure we'll have it Tue. Last time I had this much bother with MIL lights the DEF injector was fouled pretty bad, but I never got a countdown message then!!!
I have only seen the countdown message when I ran super low on DEF. Is your DEF level gauge reading correctly?

Registered
The only time I saw the countdown was when my DEF injector was clogged. I got this message on the dash display, "Service DEF, See Dealer". I pulled the code and found P20E9 (DTC) "Reductant Pressure Too High".

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have only seen the countdown message when I ran super low on DEF. Is your DEF level gauge reading correctly?
Hi: Ecosparky... DEF level got to 1/4 so I added 2 gals. That's a lot more fun than I can handle. Gauge is now 3/4 tanked but not moving hence the plugged injector theory!!!
Hi: biodiesel... My Blood Pressure is to high too!!!

Registered
Hi: biodiesel... My Blood Pressure is to high too!!!
If your DEF injector is clogged, then you've got nothing to worry about. It will be easy and cheap to clean. (y)

Reactions: throback614

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi: All... The "Chuck engine" MIL light went out today... but it'll be back I just know it!!! Each time it comes back there's less km. to the count down. Got my new Bissell Steam Shot full of distilled water and heading to the hoist for 8am in the morning... but I'll be back!!!

Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 276,000 KM.
Hi: All... The "Chuck engine" MIL light went out today... but it'll be back I just know it!!! Each time it comes back there's less km. to the count down. Got my new Bissell Steam Shot full of distilled water and heading to the hoist for 8am in the morning... but I'll be back!!!
Good luck this morning. Sounds like a GDE tune is in your future.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good luck this morning. Sounds like a GDE tune is in your future.
Hi: Ecosparky... For now I'm singing the same old "Tune". Computer analyst says the DEF urea content is just off slightly. Could it be condensation from sitting around so much? Steamed the injector nozzle clean... it was almost completely blocked. Mechanic says we should do it annually. "Chuck engine" MIL light is off for now. The "Big bang" seems somewhat farther away too!!!

Registered
Hi: Ecosparky... For now I'm singing the same old "Tune". Computer analyst says the DEF urea content is just off slightly. Could it be condensation from sitting around so much? Steamed the injector nozzle clean... it was almost completely blocked. Mechanic says we should do it annually. "Chuck engine" MIL light is off for now. The "Big bang" seems somewhat farther away too!!!
Do you guys have Platinum DEF up north? If so, I would run that. It will reduce the problem with your DEF injector clogging.

Registered
I have never cleaned my injector in 6 years and 270,000kms. However, I am running the hot tune and use distilled in the above freezing months.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts