RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Diesel is generally exempted from the self serve law. You can fill your own diesel truck (and gasoline motorcycle) - anyone telling you otherwise is out of date.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip. I looked it up on the Oregon government website and there it is :

"(2) "Class 1 Flammable Liquid" means any liquid with a flash point below 25 degrees Fahrenheit, closed cup tester. Note: Diesel fuel is not a Class 1 flammable liquid. "
(Oregon Secretary of State Administrative Rules)

I think I'm going to print this out and carry it in my truck :)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hi: All... We're back. Thought we might have to be brought home on the hook!!! Even cleaning the DEF injector didn't end the messages. After towing 300 miles up pops the dreaded "Truck won't start in 245 Kms. Then the stored messages disappear and the "Chuck engine" light goes out again... but the Kms. keep getting less and less to NO START!!! Dam Ram.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
2015 Bighorn, CC, 6'4", 4x4, 3.55
833 Posts
Glad to hear you made it home but sad to hear you're still having issues. Maybe time for a visit to the stealer...

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Glad to hear you made it home but sad to hear you're still having issues. Maybe time for a visit to the stealer...
Hi: ajb3015... TANKS!!! My DEF gauge hasn't moved yet... seems stuck at 3/4 full. I'm certain the stealership would want to put their top parts changer on it!!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
That's interesting I would think there is an exemption for Truck Stops, the only benefit I could see is this prevents scammers from putting a skim device in the gas pump card readers, there is so much theft these days they are getting bolder and bolder.
Hi: TexasJoe... With all the "Bad press" about fuel, oil, self inflicted wounding of engines, EPA charged tuners... etc., I have started to leave my keys in the truck. Seems the thieves don't even want a push button EcoDiesel.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Hi: TexasJoe... With all the "Bad press" about fuel, oil, self inflicted wounding of engines, EPA charged tuners... etc., I have started to leave my keys in the truck. Seems the thieves don't even want a push button EcoDiesel.
Sorry about the recent issues you've been experiencing, glad you and family made it back safe hopefully you'll have some good news in the coming days.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hi: All... We're back. Thought we might have to be brought home on the hook!!! Even cleaning the DEF injector didn't end the messages. After towing 300 miles up pops the dreaded "Truck won't start in 245 Kms. Then the stored messages disappear and the "Chuck engine" light goes out again... but the Kms. keep getting less and less to NO START!!! Dam Ram.
Hi: All... Tried to tow again today. Not on the freeway 15 min. and up pops the dreaded "No start" message. MIL light is on but no stored message. WTF!!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hi: ajb3015... I changed the engine air filter and added a 9L bottle of BlueDEF mfg'd. this year. Still the countdown messages persist. Now lowered to 195 k's to "NO START" but still "NO stored messages" so the MIL light will go out again!!! How low can it go? ZERO!!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
When mine finally went into the countdown, after me cleaning the injector nozzle on occasion or when the MIL light went on, in the end it was the DEF pump
Hi: pizza442... I suspect I'm looking at the same ascend. Humpty pumpty had a great fall!!! I just hope I've got enough miles/ kms to get us back and forth to Niagara Falls next week. We've been playing the "No start game" since 99,000 kms and now have 135,000 on it.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I assume you've been jumping it to allow it to start? If you're pump is gone, I would assume your DEF usage has been zero?
Hi: pizza442. No jumping required yet. The Darth message never gets stored and the MIL light goes out after a few driving cycles. Then when the truck is on the highway running great "Ding" and here we go again!!! The first message gave me 325km to no start, Service DEF... see dealer. That was over 35,000 kms ago... GO FIGURE?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Well if the countdown doesn't continue and just disappears,...well that's just strange
Hi: pizza442... Latest countdown figure is now 159 km. Off to my mechanic for a diagnosis. Could be any one of 1/2 a dz. things so we cleaned the DEF injector again, but this time he used the extension on the steamer to steam out the SCR. Now it's clean as the proverbial whistle. Charged 1/2 hr of time. That's the least he could do before starting to change NOX sensors etc.
Another long tow trip coming up so we will see.
I just realized I can't drive it off the cliff nearby cause when you open the door to jump out the truck goes into PARK!!!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts