RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update from my Build Post
=======================

Purchased my 2015.5 Eco Diesel back in end of August and last week on March 23rd at 5:20 pm at a Walmart parking lot, a Doofus driver hit my truck while recklessly parking into the stall next to me. But to fully comprehend how weird, and annoying this accident was I have to explain more about the background of the driver/owner.

Work ends, and I leave a little early to go help a friend out to check out a used vehicle for purchase from a private seller. So I decide to stop by the bank at the nearby wal-mart to deposit some money. I normally park my truck in the back end of the lot where there are tons of empty spaces and people normally don't park because they are too lazy to walk. I was in a bit of a rush so i decide to park in a stall closer to the front, I reversed parked into the stall, and started to count the money for an accurate deposit when all of a sudden the truck started shaking back and forth and I was a bit shocked, first thinking theres an earthquake!

however to my surprise it was a 2007 gold Chevy Suburban who had just nailed me in the front passenger side of my truck while trying to enter the tiny parking stall next to me.... My first thought is, alright accidents happen, so I hop out and the driver is shocked to see that I was in the truck, he tried to run away but couldn't as he was blocked by cars behind him. So he pulls into the stall again and gets out. I ask if anyones hurt, and then ask for their information. The driver is the boyfriend and has a temp license and expires in a week, but is not the owner of the car, he starts explaining to me how he has never driven a car so big before and didnt know the turning radius...... my first thought was, then park in the back where you know you wont hit anyone.... He then starts to scratching at the paint he just chipped off on my truck saying its not that bad. Being a car enthusiast I believe its disrespectful to touch another persons car without permission. So i tell the doofus, "please dont touch the truck, the damage is done and I would appreciate it if you didnt scratch it"....

The girlfriend then tells me she just moved here from South Carolina, which I then noticed the car had SC plates and we are in Mid West. For some reason she was hesitant to give me her insurance information, and offered to pay cash, but I replied explaining that this is a new truck and I would like your information in case the repairs cant be fixed for the amount you offered. It took 20 minutes later she finally got it downloaded from the internet to her phone and when I saw the card the names of the man who drove the car and hit me was different from the man on the insurance...

I didnt want to probe but I said the driver isnt on this insurance, and she replied thats my husband and it'd be best if we could just keep insurance out of this....

After receiving all the information needed, I said my goodbyes and left and called my insurance company and they got things taken care of me in a flash

Got my truck fixed and replaced the bumper with a new oem mopar bumper and kept the old one. Because it only had a few scratches and it only took the shop a day and a half for them to get everything done. In the mean time I got a free rental truck which was a 2016 Ram 1500 HEMI. I havent been able to really drive a HEMI 1500 for a daily but for the past two days it was great! only issue I had was how fast the thing drinks gas....

But it felt good to be back in my truck again!

Damage wasnt too bad it cut through the paint and primer and got down to the plastic but it was an easy fix, the bill came out to 1,300.00$ and I didnt have to pay a cent. I just hope that when the insurance notified the husband about the wife and her boyfriend getting in an accident, ends well... I dont want to be the cause of domestic violence or anything, but I want my truck looking new

Took some new pictures of the truck this week too and will upload in a separate post

Just needed to rant and I figure this is a good place to do it =)

12903832_10154157741491189_1151321766_o.jpg 12922182_10154157741546189_85934303_o.jpg 12940980_10154157741951189_1733142557_o.jpg 12948367_10154157741686189_692067257_o.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
Thankfully they had insurance and it wasn't bad. You were a lot more forgiving than I would have been. All kinds of idiots out here driving like idiots with out insurance.

·
Registered
698 Posts
It is lucky they didn't manage to run as you say they looked like they were going to. I would have been a little more suspicious in that situation as you described and contacted the authorities about the accident. Lucky it turned out well.

Glad to hear it is taken care of and no major damage.

Yes, Hemis do drink gas when you like to hear the engine roar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts