RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
1,822 Posts

· Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
15,070 Posts
No surprise.

Just had mine changed in a 2019 Cummins. Been towing and running about 600 miles or more so far. Thinking better fuel mileage with no performance issues with the CP3.3 they put in.

· Registered
4,295 Posts
This is a costly repair for Stellantis and may have encouraged them to discontinue the EcoDiesel in the Ram a little sooner than expected.

Reactions: Hammer

· Registered
2020 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
63 Posts
I just took truck in to dealer for “EgR cooler failure” per the work order. The code was P2457.00. The dealer sent me a video
Font Paper Paper product Document Number

discussion and the mechanic referred to the problem as a temperature sensor in the EGR cooler.

They noted the fuel pump recall and said part is on order but they don’t expect it soon. I will track the delivery time.

· Registered
2015 Bighorn, CC, 6'4", 4x4, 3.55
870 Posts
I just took truck in to dealer for “EgR cooler failure” per the work order. The code was P2457.00. The dealer sent me a video View attachment 93104
discussion and the mechanic referred to the problem as a temperature sensor in the EGR cooler.

They noted the fuel pump recall and said part is on order but they don’t expect it soon. I will track the delivery time.

I'll apologize ahead of time as this is getting off topic, but I have to know. what dealer did you go to that provided a video walkaround by the tech explaining the work needed as well as his recommendations for maintenance and why? this is awesome service and it's something we should get at every dealer!

· Registered
2020 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
63 Posts
I'll apologize ahead of time as this is getting off topic, but I have to know. what dealer did you go to that provided a video walkaround by the tech explaining the work needed as well as his recommendations for maintenance and why? this is awesome service and it's something we should get at every dealer!
The dealer was Arrigo in West Palm Beach, Fl. It’s better info than the write up sometimes. My only complaint is labor cost of$791 for 3.5 hrs to change fluids on differentials and transfer case

· Premium Member
15,070 Posts
The dealer was Arrigo in West Palm Beach, Fl. It’s better info than the write up sometimes. My only complaint is labor cost of$791 for 3.5 hrs to change fluids on differentials and transfer case
WOW! Add on the material cost at dealer inflated prices and that simple service cost more than my first car. You have to learn to do things like that yourself.

· Registered
4,295 Posts
Yes I feel stupid. I told them to proceed before I got a quote.
Don't feel stupid. It's a learning experience and you'll be better informed going forward. Some of these maintenance items are something you only need to do once every 5+ years. For example, my owner's manual recommends changing the transfer case fluid at something like 120,000 miles. I think Vern went 100,000 miles before he changed his differential fluid.

· Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Bighorn 4x4
506 Posts
Yes I feel stupid. I told them to proceed before I got a quote.
I have always found that when I part with my hard-earned money I am paying for the education I get and not just parts and service....
Money well spent if you learned something valuable!

Reactions: DATA and Roby

· Premium Member
15,070 Posts
Any word on what they will replace the pump with?
Have not read anything about what they might do. The physical mounting might be an issue as there has never been anything other than than the CP4 fitting into the Ecodiesel.

As an aside the Cummins engine has had the CP3 for over a decade. Then they switched to the CP4 but just for two model years - 2019 and 2020. Going back to the CP3 in 2021 and newer was no big deal as the motor literals always had a CP3. Yet, it has been over a year and Stellantis is not remotely done changing out those two years of production to the CP3. I waited near a full year after announcement to have mine changed. Many will wait significantly longer.

My guess is it will be multiple years before the Ecodiesels get a product that fits and they start the changes. With going on 9 years of the Ecodiesel, that's a lot of trucks and probably multiple years of waiting to do them all.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts