RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Meanwhile, I have two EcoDiesels and I'm looking for a third. ;)

just punched up my VIN on the NHTSA recall sight, dam, I'm on the hit list.... see my dealer soon, not for 1 but 2 recalls... aaarrrggghhh.... still love my truck...

There is no recall listed for my 2022 on the NHTSA site. Could it be they are building the new ones with an updated pump? Where do I find the build date?

My 2020 shows:

Status (Incomplete)
Recall Date (October 13, 2022)
FCA Recall (# Z96)
NHTSA Recall (#22V-767)
Recall Status (Incomplete but repair parts are not available)

Reactions: SlowRoller
There is no recall listed for my 2022 on the NHTSA site. Could it be they are building the new ones with an updated pump? Where do I find the build date?
The truck build date is on the sticker in the driver's door farme. I don't know if Ram leaves the build date on the Bosch pumps.

The recall on 3rd gen is late in coming. They know there was a problem and kept building without changes. Some engineer was convinced that post Covid, the fuel pump problems would disappear.
My 22 Rebel with 10,000 miles failed in heavy traffic on November 1st. Looks like mid to late January before it is returned.
I was a little lucky. Drove from Chicago Area to Tampa Bay and arrived the day prior to the pump failure.
I was hauling a car with trailer as well as a motorcycle in the bed. Failure a day earlier could have been headache.
Came over from a Pro Tacoma. The Rebel is really nice, but the Toyota never came close to a dealer for other than the included oil changes.

And VW and Daimler that have been using these pumps since 2008 have yet to issue any type of recall. VWAG stopped selling diesels in the US and Canada with the 2015 model for VWs and 2016 models for Audi. I think Daimler is still using the Bosch CP4.x pump in the Sprinter vans.

The recall on 3rd gen is late in coming. They know there was a problem and kept building without changes. Some engineer was convinced that post Covid, the fuel pump problems would disappear.
My 22 Rebel with 10,000 miles failed in heavy traffic on November 1st. Looks like mid to late January before it is returned.
I was a little lucky. Drove from Chicago Area to Tampa Bay and arrived the day prior to the pump failure.
I was hauling a car with trailer as well as a motorcycle in the bed. Failure a day earlier could have been headache.
Came over from a Pro Tacoma. The Rebel is really nice, but the Toyota never came close to a dealer for other than the included oil changes.
That's ridiculous. Some here have said that their failed pump was replaced with the original version--still due to get the new version when--or if--it ever appears. Sorry you're going truckless for so long, or did they give you a loaner?

My Gen 3 is not under the recall, but I think it's just later in coming.

That's ridiculous. Some here have said that their failed pump was replaced with the original version--still due to get the new version when--or if--it ever appears. Sorry you're going truckless for so long, or did they give you a loaner?

Same here. My 2022 Limited has no recall either. I even ask the dealer at the time I was looking to buy if there was any recall and they said Nope>>>>>Only reason I ask dealer is cause of the chatter on here>>>>

Couldn’t agree more. It is ridiculous for a 6 month old high production vehicle to be out of service for nearly three months.
I didn’t inquire into a buy back. I’m guessing the buy back number would be ridiculous as well.
I do have a loaner from Hertz. It’s a base Ram Big Horn 1500. Not to insult anyone that has one, but it is not great to drive.
The drivetrain Is more than night and day.

Couldn’t agree more. It is ridiculous for a 6 month old high production vehicle to be out of service for nearly three months.
I didn’t inquire into a buy back. I’m guessing the buy back number would be ridiculous as well.
I do have a loaner from Hertz. It’s a base Ram Big Horn 1500. Not to insult anyone that has one, but it is not great to drive.
Update
i just left the dealer and the news is not good if you have a truck that Is down. Apparently, they are still working on an improved pump and there is no date when one will be available.
if you have had one replaced, you got the current pump.
it seems that they have had an issue since 2014 and haven’t done much about it.

By "base", do you mean the V6? Is it just that gutless compared to the ED?

My Dad always said about boats that the two happiest days of your life are the day you bring it home and the day you sell it.

I put the EcoDiesel in that same category.

Update
i just left the dealer and the news is not good if you have a truck that Is down. Apparently, they are still working on an improved pump and there is no date when one will be available.
That doesn't add up since the recall on the Gen 3 EDs for the HPFP is based on dates (May 29th, 2019 to January 21st, 2022) and the recall states that "some" (some being 31,794 RAMs) may be affected. My 2022 ED isn't part of the recall and I was built on the 13th of January. Since they are replacing the HPFP on the 2019 and 2020 Cummins and 2021 and on production are not of interest it would seem they have a replacement pump albeit in limited supply for retrofitting.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.