RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the new Meguiars Ceramic Hybrid Wax for the first time over the weekend. It’s pretty neat stuff, and definitely a time saver. I made the little video below – but the best part of the whole thing is that it removes the whole “wax on-wax off” step. You basically end up waxing the truck during the normal drying step that you’d be doing anyways before waxing. The shine is great. Of course it rained 12-18 hours after I waxed the truck, and I can say the water beading action was great too.

As long as it holds up as well as the Meguiar’s Ultimate did long-term, this will be my new go-to wax for sure!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Very nice video. You are definitely quick and energetic when it comes to washing and waxing vehicles. I only live a bit North of you, perhaps you want to come up and do my cars and boats? You can stay and fish, use the pontoon boat or speedboat on the inland chain of lakes or we can go out on Lake Superior amongst the Apostle Islands on the big boat.

All the best, a useful video and I will try the miracle whip. I hope you will comment on performance of the product over time. I use collinite on the motorcycle and speed boat, a carwash on the truck and car and Permanon on the big boat.

All the best,

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice video. You are definitely quick and energetic when it comes to washing and waxing vehicles. I only live a bit North of you, perhaps you want to come up and do my cars and boats? You can stay and fish, use the pontoon boat or speedboat on the inland chain of lakes or we can go out on Lake Superior amongst the Apostle Islands on the big boat.

All the best, a useful video and I will try the miracle whip. I hope you will comment on performance of the product over time. I use collinite on the motorcycle and speed boat, a carwash on the truck and car and Permanon on the big boat.

All the best,
Thanks.. lol

Good news, bad news - truck still looks great, and I had to drive on the wet roads yesterday. The roads are still dirty as all getout with the salt/sand mixes, so the bottom half of my truck does have some road residue on it. Everywhere else is still clean - that's nothing against this product, just the dirty roads. I think it'd likely hose right off. I look forward to a long term test on this.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Great video.
Not sold on the product mainly because it seems similar to the junk liquid wax used at the coin car wash and drive through joints that doesn't last too long.

Like yo momma and daddy said; if it seems too good to be true....................... IT AINT TRUE!

Elbow grease method might still be the way to go...

·
Super Moderator
3,224 Posts
Thanks for the review. Might have to try it. I’m always trying to get more done in less time. Please update us in a couple weeks & let us know if it’s held and what you think at that time.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's a miracle product the it will turn that snow to Florida sunshine.

Curious to read how it lasts.
I'll probably re-apply in a few weeks anyways. I'll need to wash off the snow and will want to clay bar my truck, so it'll need another application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts