RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,
I just went to ramtrucks.com to the Build and Price section, as I do every couple days, and for the first time they now have the Diesel engine option listed!!! Maybe we can start ordering??!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to check with my local dealer today and see if they have any new information.

Hey Guys,
I just went to ramtrucks.com to the Build and Price section, as I do every couple days, and for the first time they now have the Diesel engine option listed!!! Maybe we can start ordering??!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can't put deposit down here in ontario. My dealer has my order and they are waiting for orders to open. I am guessing they take my deposit when order goes thru.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My local dealer took a $500 deposit for a Laramie EcoDiesel Quad Cab 4x4 today at a special Ram event. It will probably be built in early January. Now the l-o-n-g w-a-i-t begins.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bigfoot- did u order the truck or just reserve the first one the dealer gets. If u reserved it u must be happy with the standard options. That is my hold up. I have a list of options I am adding to SLT model. Therefore I must order not reserve. Boooooo. Lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Bigfoot- did u order the truck or just reserve the first one the dealer gets. If u reserved it u must be happy with the standard options. That is my hold up. I have a list of options I am adding to SLT model. Therefore I must order not reserve. Boooooo. Lol
It's a custom pre-order to my specs. The dealer has not actually placed the order yet. Even the Ram rep did not know exactly when the factory would accept orders. The order should be one of the early ones and it will come out of my dealer's allocation. There is no guarantee that the exact options I want will be available although the rep did not see anything on my list that raised a red flag. He did say that early orders will probably be restricted to the most popular models such as the Big Horn and Laramie (mine will be a Laramie).

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
No. Only a small deposit. I went to Ram.ca the Canadian web site on October 6th. The Ecodiesel was an available option on the build and price so I built six different 1500s. After emailing them to myself I went to the dealer with the printout. The look on his face was amusing to say the least. We tried to order but couldn't. That's when I put down 500 to get the order placed as soon as it opened up. A week later the Eco diesel was no longer an option that could be selected. At Ram.com the Ecodiesel was still available for another week then went away and is now back. Still not at Ram.ca though.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Big foot,
I am looking at the Laramie also. Did they give you a price?
I will not know the exact price until it is actually ordered and delivered. Through Costco the highest price I should pay is about $1000 below invoice (est. $47k) minus any incentives. The dealer may be able to beat that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts