RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the coast this weekend with my wife's family. Took several vehicles to carry all the people, of which were my '15 ecodiesel and a '17 titan cummins. Unbelievably the cummins eeked out 17 mpg and beat my ecodiesel by 0.7 mpg :eek:

But I had this following me all weekend and he was empty!
IMG_2707.jpg

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
2 Cruel.

Actually I have a friend with a racing boat called "2 Cruel". Carolina Skiffs are a tank of a boat. Unsinkable with a reputation of being a lifetime hull. Only thing is they are miserable in any kind of chop by design. Sure nice to anchor and fish with that flat bottom and they do run skinny.

Oh , the Titan Cummins ... there's no glory rubbing it in.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can vouch for both long lasting and miserable wet ride in chop. This is our second and we have been happy with it. Had the first from 1993-2014 with lots of hours of use!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I talked with a Ram 1500 owner who had owned a Nissan Titan Diesel - he kept getting fumes in the cab - got a new Titan - did the same thing - Nissan's answer was don't run heat or AC under 30 MPH - he said BS on that
and bought a new Ram 1500. So much for a good truck Nissan seems to have problems with all their vehicles !

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can’t complain about the quality of the truck. Good fit and finish I like how it rides and performs, just the engineered developers missed bad on the fuel economy. The 6.7 Cummins is easier on fuel and 2 times the truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts