RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,235 Posts
lol bought it over 5 years ago and registered and this is your first post?

·
Registered
345 Posts
What is the failure rate? Does anyone really know the actual failure rate, or how it compares to other engine failures? Be great to know.

·
Registered
716 Posts
BTW, I owned 2 1974 Mazda Rotary Pick Ups. My guess 90% failed by 40,000 miles. Neither of mine did. 1 failed for rust issues at 100,000 miles, the other made it to 175,000 miles then ate an apex seal. From what I can find out, between 5 and 10% of Ecodiesels have failed. Hate to break it to you, quite a lot of, hemis and Pentastars have failed as have Ford Ecoboost and SB Chevy V8's . Hate to say, but I had a Toyota motor fail at 35,000 miles once. Good to know dealers are keeping spares on hand. When I owned the Mazdas, dealer was surprised that mine didn't blow up. I attributed the longevity to drag racing every weekend.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
What is the failure rate? Does anyone really know the actual failure rate, or how it compares to other engine failures? Be great to know.
I think the facts are nobody outside of FCA really knows. Various pieces of evidence allow many people to make claims about the percentages. While they are probably not correct they are not completely baseless. I think it is safe to say the failure rate is more than it should be. However, my biggest problem is the long term reliability of the pollution control system and its cost of maintenance and repair, not the engine itself.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Not welcoming you to the forum as you have been here so long you should be welcoming most of us.

Details.

I do not see a new engine. Looks like an old one. Was it exposed to replace completely, fix the turbo or what? The devil is in the details. Who, what, when, where ???? All questions it would be nice to have answered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts