RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 253,000 KM.
I may be way off, but my understanding is that vehicle brake effort is biased to the front, as weight transfers forward when braking.

On motorcycles you always apply the front brakes harder than the rears, or risk rear wheel lockup. That鈥檚 why most all sport motorcycles designed for heavy braking have large front dual discs, with small singles in the rear.

The danger of rear wheel lockup is especially pronounced with pickups, as the weight transfer exacerbates the already light rear.
I was always under this impression as well until I've had this truck. Rears have been wearing quicker than front on this Ram. Brakes have been done twice.

Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 3.92 Charlotte, NC
Can't respond about motorcycles but I know on my road bike, if I brake too heavily to the front, I'm going airborn! Never a good thing to see your handlebars passing under your body.

Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
Motorcycles are different than vehicles in the stability and short wheel base. In vehicles the front breaks do the lions share of the stopping.

Get going downt he road and apply the E-brake and see how long it takes you to stop, the fronts do a much better job... but if you over apply fronts you may spin around.

Registered
[QUOTE= If I had it to do over, I would have used the Mopar pads vs the Power Stop ones , but we'll see how the PS hold.

Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 253,000 KM.
The EBC pads are a great product and they are a forum vendor. They offer member discounts.

Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
21 - 29 of 29 Posts