RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us with the 2019-2020 Cummins models there is some activity on getting the CP3 conversion kits. I got a tip and called my local dealer (Firkins Ram in Bradenton, Fl). They confirmed that as of now they are getting parts in and can order parts.

Talked with a service guy who did it on their computer. He is supposed to get back to me today on whether they have the parts or can now order. He said I would get a call today. ???? Boy have we heard things like that before.

Anyhow, this is the first substantive information that the injector pump replacements are ongoing for those of us that did not have trouble as of yet. Hopefully I will learn more sooner rather than later. If you are involved - contact your dealer.

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOAH.

Just got a call back from the dealer. Ram is changing the 2020 models now. They are NOT changing the 2019 models yet. The service guy could not get the parts for my 2019.

He told me to call back periodically for updates. Gee - that's a slant on the issue I never expected and sure seems illogical.

Reactions: djr

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,309 Posts
My great Service Manager called to say my Y78 recall CP4.2 replacement parts will be here today. Taking the truck in, he needs to record the engine number and will make an appointment for the change out.

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why don't ram replace all cp4 pumps with cp3 . is anyone working on a conversion kit for the ecodiesel diesel ? 🙏
Well they are replacing all of the CP4's used in the Cummins. That was only 2019 and 2020 models.

To my knowledge there has not even been a rumor or any kind of campaign to make the change in the Ecodiesel. There have been a few CP4 Ecodiesel failures but not a significant number. The largest number of CP4 failures were with the Duramax, which they no longer use and the Ford Powerstroke.

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,309 Posts
WOAH.

Just got a call back from the dealer. Ram is changing the 2020 models now. They are NOT changing the 2019 models yet. The service guy could not get the parts for my 2019.

He told me to call back periodically for updates. Gee - that's a slant on the issue I never expected and sure seems illogical.
My thinking is the cost to fix a failure is so high, they want to fix as many as possible before they fail. Thinking, the 2019s have had their pandemic of failures. So, start with the 2020s because they have the highest potential for more failures.

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thinking is the cost to fix a failure is so high, they want to fix as many as possible before they fail. Thinking, the 2019s have had their pandemic of failures. So, start with the 2020s because they have the highest potential for more failures.
Not sure there was a pandemic of failures. My sense tells me the earlier ones would have more use on them and would fail more often. I would do the earliest trucks first.

My sense could be nonsense but it makes sense to me.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Not sure there was a pandemic of failures. My sense tells me the earlier ones would have more use on them and would fail more often. I would do the earliest trucks first.

My sense could be nonsense but it makes sense to me.
Hi: Captmal... I get a sense that even nonsense is sensible in this sense!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some of those Ecodiesel guys hardly get any more than I do with the Cummins. Low 20's hand calculated is the norm for my Cummins when not towing. My DEF usage might be higher - like 800 miles per gallon compared to the 1,200 I used to get with the Ecodiesel until I switched it to water.

Just wish I had a GDE tune for the Cummins to get rid of the EGR and DEF. Far as I know that is NOT to be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts