RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

They RAISED the Price

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Bigfoot 
#1 ·
Was looking at that update sheet I got at the dealer yesterday. I ordered on Feb. 7th. Yesterday's sheet shows a $300 increase in MSRP above that original order. . That continues with another minor increase to the end.

The order sheet clearly states that the prices are tentative and subject to change. Dealer Sales Mgr. told my wife the prices seem to go up each month toward the end of the model season.

Ford and GM raised or are raising their prices dramatically. Looks like Chrysler/Ram is doing it gradually to get the same result. Bet the 2015 models are thousands more.

#2 ·
I kind of suspected that. when I ordered my truck for real, it was about $300 more than the online "build" on Rams site.

#3 ·
C'mon guys. Don't be shocked by this. Prices for things go up for a period of time until the end-of-the-year clear-out. Despite how much I piss and moan about waiting so long, I'm glad I ordered in January for that reason, I got over $10,000 off in rebates, plus warranty discount, and negotiations on an ordered unit.
Now that there is starting to be actual stock(so they're selling units they've actually "bought" themselves) I expect them to tighten right up. Supply and demand also kicks in, even though there might be batches of trucks rolling in all year.

#4 ·
I was afraid of this too! You guys need to quit buying these trucks so the price can come down for me to get one cheap. :p (I’m not ready to buy yet, so you’ll need to be patient) I’ll let you know when I get mine so you can proceed with your purchases! ;)

#5 ·
Dealer told me the incentives are on a monthly basis and do not carry over month-to-month. They apply at time of delivery, not when you order. That may not be the case for some of you with some kind of "friends/relatives/military' incentive. For the average "Joe" like me, I qualify for nothing except anything monthly. Was told March is usually a no to little incentive month. I'm figuring on nothing and doubt even that finance incentive is worth it as the interest rate is real high.

Too bad there's no incentive for paying cash.

#6 ·
Dealer told me the incentives are on a monthly basis and do not carry over month-to-month. They apply at time of delivery, not when you order. That may not be the case for some of you with some kind of "friends/relatives/military' incentive. For the average "Joe" like me, I qualify for nothing except anything monthly. Was told March is usually a no to little incentive month. I'm figuring on nothing and doubt even that finance incentive is worth it as the interest rate is real high.
As mentioned before call the Chrysler Incentive Center, 1-800-227-0757, 8-8 EST before you pick up the truck. Based on your VIN, location, and order/delivery dates they can tell you what incentives you can take. Some incentives are "lockable" at time of order (February) and you can choose to take these or take the ones at time of delivery. They will give you the codes that your dealer can put in the system. Incentives vary by region so I don't know what you might be eligible for on a Tradesman Quad Cab but a likely one is the Retail Consumer Cash Allowance of $2500.

Too bad there's no incentive for paying cash.
A cash payment incentive would be nice but they make money off of financing and want you to go that route.

#7 ·
As mentioned before call the Chrysler Incentive Center, 1-800-227-0757, 8-8 EST before you pick up the truck. Based on your VIN, location, and order/delivery dates they can tell you what incentives you can take. Some incentives are "lockable" at time of order (February) and you can choose to take these or take the ones at time of delivery. They will give you the codes that your dealer can put in the system. Incentives vary by region so I don't know what you might be eligible for on a Tradesman Quad Cab but a likely one is the Retail Consumer Cash Allowance of $2500.

A cash payment incentive would be nice but they make money off of financing and want you to go that route.
Good advice that I took when dealer told me that I could only get incentives at time of delivery and that there was none available as well.they were wrong!!!!i called the incentive line and was told I could lock in at time of order or choose ones at time of delivery.she did mention that it is up to dealer... I called them back pretty fired up and talked to another sales guy and told him.he said he's been in the car business for 18 years and has never heard of that.i called back again and got in touch with the fleet sales guy and said it was no problem they would give them to me.if you're going to go down go down swinging.

#9 ·
Which is exactly how its supposed to be. When someone orders a vehicle(in my case anyway), they have to apply for financing (get approved) and put down a $1000 deposit. For the price to go UP in the time it takes to deliver DOES NOT MAKE SENSE because when you apply for financing a finite amount of money is set aside. Its not like you can get approved for $40,000 and they charge you more because the bank only approved you for $40,0000. Whatever the initial loan amount is has to be the maximum you pay unless they lied to you and told the truth to the bank(based on the fact that when the truck shows up you will have "blinders" on and will basically agree to anything because you waited so long) then the payments shouldn't change.

If you financed, and actually got approved for the loan before the vehicle arrives(I doubt a dealership would bring on a vehicle without confirmation of the ability to pay for it, but if you talked them into it good on ya) then I really don't see how they can increase the price any higher than the loan was approved for. My dealer said I get whatever the best price is during my waiting period, which is probably the same price I negotiated(because the incentives are getting worse not better). I know they can't come at me for more because my loan is set and they need to get a new approval for more(which requires my permission legally).

#10 ·
I was told that banks wont give you a loan for a partial VIN and that is why the incentives cant carry over from the time of ordering. How were you able to get financing like that?

#11 ·
I applied at the dealer, my bank(BMO) couldn't compete with the rate I got through RBC at the dealership. Maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe they just gave them the VIN for a unit they had and they'll change it to the right one when I take delivery? I never had any hiccups. I'm definitely approved for a vehicle loan its in my credit profile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.