RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, recently I’ve been checking out a 2018 Bighorn ED with 6,500 miles on it. The dealership is selling it for around 30K. I do have some experience with diesels as I currently own a 14 Vw TDI. The dealership this truck happens to be at is a Nissan dealership. Is there any thing I should be on the lookout for that could warn me as to if this is a bad buy?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Check the vehicle history in FCA ‘s website for problematic issues, In other words make sure it’s not a lemon 🍋.. BTW Welcome !!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Personally, if I couldn't tune out the EGR system, I would look at a hemi. I had mine tuned at 5,000 miles, now have almost 85,000 miles. There is a recall on the EGR cooler on the Ecodiesels. If you buy it, keep an eye on the coolant level in the degas bottle, at least until you delete the cooler. I will delete mine when I hit 100K and warrantee runs out. The Ecodiesel is a great truck imho.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am taking delivery of a new 2019 Classic ED today, I understand the issues with the ED high level but wanted the efficiency. I denied the 410 plan warranty add on as it was too expensive. I am thinking the best plan is to wait until factory warranty runs out & go straight to full delete? Is that the best path to no problems? I want to keep this for a while (my first truck too)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts