RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I did the same thing and I'm at 24.2mpg. I was going to make it a 10,000 mile post but you beat me to it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The Ed get' great mileage as we all no , But the evic seems to be off at least 1 mpg all the time and sometimes up to 3 mpg when I calculate from the pump, So far I have been getting 25 to 26 mpg hand calculated on average for the hole tank between 22 to 23 gallon fill up's , I never run it all the way down to the " can I make it to the station limit " :)
I am very happy with the mileage that I am getting and Im sure once I put more mile's on her she mite improve another 1mpg " im @ 4500 mile's now "
On the highway cruising at 68 to 69 mph the evic show's anywhere between 31 and 33 mpg , but I have never driven a hole tank to hand calculate all of the highway miles ,
my best tank was when I did a 300 mile highway trip and the rest city highway mix on that tank and I averaged 27.8 hand calculated :) So it would be safe to say that if you did a hole tank of highway you should be in the 30 mpg range

mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing with the hand calculated for me has almost always come out 1 mpg better hand calculated than the EVIC is showing

·
Registered
58 Posts
My second tank of gas but first one where I started from Known full/topped off state. I refueled today with about 1/8th left in the tank. 550 miles on the trip and I took 22.16 for an actual 24.8 mpg to that tank. EVIC said 25.5 avg. that 550 miles was all commuting back and forth to work in normal everyday Annapolis traffic. Needless to say, I am very happy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's funny my evic is always over on mpg :) , I have a work truck ED so maybe I don't have as good of a evic system :)

Reactions: Grumpy

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figure that I have already saved over $800 in the four months that I have owned this over the Cummins that I traded in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys if you did not know it resets mpg every 30 gal of fuel used and recalculates... I could be wrong on the 30 gal but its about that, don't remember exactly the point it automatically resets...

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm at 22.3 total average MPG with 3,700 mile on the 3D. About 350 of the miles I was towing a 7,000 pound, 30 foot travel trailer so that brought the total MPG down some for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The worst I've gotten is 17.1 mpg pulling a twin axle horse trailer with horse.

The last tank avg 29.7 going down the highway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts