RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm looking at a 2020 Limited with pretty much all the options I care about with a list of $69,420 which is discounted to 61,999 for a cost of $37,296 after my trade. This is so far without any face to face or them seeing my truck which is excellent condition. It would be a 3yr/0% loan

What are your thoughts on the price so far. I just got a breakout of the numbers and it 60,296 for the truck so $9124 off the MSRP.

The only real issue is that it's black...as are all the Limited's in my area.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Vented rear seats?? My passengers don't need that much luxury.

Not sure where you're located, but I checked in STL areas & I nearly have to pay them to take my truck. '14 w/ 82k miles in near perfect condition for $15k. Granted mine isn't nearly optioned out like yours... good luck let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Im sure its a nice truck.

I'd buy a tradesman. I just cant wrap my head around spending that much on something that the value plummets to nothing in a few years. I dont need or want the "comfort" the uber trim models supply and personally find my tradesman to be more creature comforts than i need. Im a cheap simpler person so im guessing your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Money isn't really an issue, you only live once, more interested in getting a reasonable deal.

Reactions: jetlag and HYDREX

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interestingly my dealer says that his book for his zip states that he will have my trade on the lot for 55 days before it sells it and says that's why the trade is low. Said a dealer closer to a big city might be able to do better...but I'm actually happy with my country dealer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here in KY, lightly used vehicles are selling like hot cakes. Seriously, there are several lots here that deal solely in 1-5 year old vehicle and their inventory is the lowest I've ever seen it. When the virus caused factory production to stop, and people started getting strapped for cash, used vehicles became more desireable than new ones. Point being....you could probably sell your truck pretty quick I would think.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Just based on the limited details you've shared, it sounds like a decent deal. I know not everyone wants the bells and whistles, but I bough my Laramie as my retirement vehicle. It is by far the most comfortable car/truck I've ever owned. Close second was our 07 CR-V with everything but the sunroof.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here in KY, lightly used vehicles are selling like hot cakes. Seriously, there are several lots here that deal solely in 1-5 year old vehicle and their inventory is the lowest I've ever seen it. When the virus caused factory production to stop, and people started getting strapped for cash, used vehicles became more desireable than new ones. Point being....you could probably sell your truck pretty quick I would think.
Yea, maybe I'll see if there is a Carmax or the like around. I was also under the impression that used cars were hot right now....perhaps it's a symptom or negotiating sight unseen.

·
Registered
987 Posts
One other possibility is that used cars bumped up while the manufacturers were all shutdown due to the pandemic.

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
997 Posts
Im sure its a nice truck.

I'd buy a tradesman. I just cant wrap my head around spending that much on something that the value plummets to nothing in a few years. I dont need or want the "comfort" the uber trim models supply and personally find my tradesman to be more creature comforts than i need. Im a cheap simpler person so im guessing your mileage may vary.
I agree with MAS on the Tradesman.

Less stuff to break, lighter, simple knobs for the heater.

And a lot less money.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went to dealer, drove the 2020....huge difference in engine performance though it might be the gear ratio, 3.90 vs my 3.55. Love all the features. If I was going to get a Tradesman I'd keep my Laramie.

Dealer up'ed the offer to 23.5
Carvana online offer of 23,221
Awaiting online Carmax

Carvana had about 4500$ depreciation for my location.

Reactions: VernDiesel

·
Registered
343 Posts
everything but the sunroof.
Wow, speaking of which...
No sunroof?

Maybe I missed it one the sticker

I can’t go without one after I got ruined having one on my last Laramie in 2008

wake up people ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carmax just came back with 26,000

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, speaking of which...
No sunroof?

Maybe I missed it one the sticker

I can’t go without one after I got ruined having one on my last Laramie in 2008

wake up people ;)
I had a sunroof on my Honda Ridgeline....I can count on one hand the number of times I used it over 10 years...not my thing.

Reactions: SlowRoller

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My Eco is a 2016 Limited. Every option other than Ram boxes. Love my truck. I quit my job two weeks ago, started with a new company this week and they gave me a 2017 Ram hemi to drive until a 2020 F150 with 3.5 Ecoboost arrives st the end of this month. The 2017 with Hemi is not nearly as optioned as my Limited but its equally as nice to drive. No cooled seats, no air suspension, same stereo, sunroof, yada tada. It has me thinking I should have bought this much cheaper truck almost 4 years ago instead of the Limited.
Can't wait to compare both of the Rams to the F150 when it arrives from the dealer. It will be a XLT Supercrew with leveing kit and custom wheels and tires.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
It's all right if you like it.

That zero percent financing is a good deal worth more than some think. Sure I would abhor spending tens of thousands more for doodads over a basic transportation truck. Then again, read my first sentence.

Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've been nosing around on 2020's also...FWIW I'm seeing 20% off MSRP regularly. Now, that might include rebates and incentives for which you don't qualify, but when spending that kind of money I'd shop a couple online deals with dealers not including your trade-in to see what you can get. Then, take those numbers to the local guy and give him the target to hit, or at least get close.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I hadnt looked at pricing in a while as im happy with my '15 and gonna keep rolling it, but from list prices around my area doesnt look like a bad deal. Preferences aside, if I was looking for a truck i'd have to order one there are no trim levels i would prefer near me.

Also something that steers me away from some trim packages is they come with the auto transfer case. I wouldnt want one of those.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I've been nosing around on 2020's also...FWIW I'm seeing 20% off MSRP regularly. Now, that might include rebates and incentives for which you don't qualify, but when spending that kind of money I'd shop a couple online deals with dealers not including your trade-in to see what you can get. Then, take those numbers to the local guy and give him the target to hit, or at least get close.
..........and go there in the last few days of the month as the dealer may need the sale for their incentives.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts