RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm wondering what all of you think about my options for the truck. I recently replaced the tailgate emblem on my '16 Limited to the paint matched one and really like the way it looks now vs the chrome billboard. I ordered a small roll of black metallic vinyl wrap to work on my left over emblems but now I wonder how I want to proceed. I'm thinking of these options:

1. Install wrap on the letters only on the Limited emblems (rear and sides), the "ram 1500", and grille emblem
2. Install wrap on Limited emblems completely, "ram 1500" and grill emblem
3. Install wrap on Limited emblems and cut out letters, "ram 1500", and grille emblem

So there we have it. I found a company on amazon that sells vinyl overlays but I don't think they have one that will match as well as the wrap another member used. Plus they don't completely cover the emblem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey all. I'm wondering what all of you think about my options for the truck. I recently replaced the tailgate emblem on my '16 Limited to the paint matched one and really like the way it looks now vs the chrome billboard. I ordered a small roll of black metallic vinyl wrap to work on my left over emblems but now I wonder how I want to proceed. I'm thinking of these options:

1. Install wrap on the letters only on the Limited emblems (rear and sides), the "ram 1500", and grille emblem
2. Install wrap on Limited emblems completely, "ram 1500" and grill emblem
3. Install wrap on Limited emblems and cut out letters, "ram 1500", and grille emblem

So there we have it. I found a company on amazon that sells vinyl overlays but I don't think they have one that will match as well as the wrap another member used. Plus they don't completely cover the emblem.
Dude, pictures man! Show us what you've done already. Then maybe what you want...

I'm looking into vinyl wrapping my logos. I've only played a bit with the wrap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what I got done this morning. I'll have to do a little more trimming but for my first attempt I think it's pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I know. I had to edit the one I have.

I like the retro look of the tailgate as you have done it. For years when the tailgates were single skin in the middle Dodge pickups had Dodge embossed into the center panel of the tailgate and painted whatever color the truck was. This was probably from the mid thirties to the early/mid 60s.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input and compliments guys. I did add a little more wrap the yesterday and today. Decided to tone down the emblems on the sides. What I like is that they tie in with the rest of them being paint matched and the ecodiesel emblem stands out a little more. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Some of you folks must lead a truly blessed life or got your priorities all out of whack if emblems is what concerns you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some of you folks must lead a truly blessed life or got your priorities all out of whack if emblems is what concerns you.
Blessed? I mean I feel like I got it better than most. I typically have an hour and a half to kill before work so a little tinkering is something to kill the time when I don't feel like working out. I've always changed my vehicles appearance a little so it's normal to me.

If you're happy with your emblems I fail to see why commenting on why I want to change mine means my priorities are out of whack.

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
With having chrome accents on the truck, I think it would look better using overlay stickers. This is a pic of them with carbon fiber, but you could do it in black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With having chrome accents on the truck, I think it would look better using overlay stickers. This is a pic of them with carbon fiber, but you could do it in black.
I thought about using those. I like how they give them depth. But decided to try out the wrap first since I already have it.

I like it so far. If I could have got a blacked out 2500 with the Cummins and ram boxes in budget I would have jumped on it. So I'm kinda making my own version of that with what I have.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I do like the murdered look. Also carbon fiber is a sexy look. However, I say look at photos of other trucks and get what turns YOU on. Nobody else is filling your tank.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do like the murdered look. Also carbon fiber is a sexy look. However, I say look at photos of other trucks and get what turns YOU on. Nobody else is filling your tank.
Thanks. I watched a video on doing the door handles and decided to give it a shot this week. Being that the truck handles aren't actually all chrome they aren't too difficult to manage. I got all 4 whipped out in about an hour using the cold stretch technique. Ran out of wrap so I ordered another small roll yesterday to do the mirrors. After I get those done I'm going to call it quits I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts