RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showed up at the dealer for an appointment made to find a rattle. Found and stopped it last night, too late to cancel. Went anyhow to get parts for a permanent fix. No parts to fix screws holding an inner fender well. I chose to pass on ordering the parts and will fix it permanently with my own bolt/nut design. They still took the truck to check on and do any recalls. There were three they did.

First is a P 15 where they flashed RFH. That has something to do with a radio frequency. It did NOT affect any of my 3 key fobs.

Second is a flashed DDM. That's something to do with a door module.

Third is the RRT 14-037, which is a flash of the PCM. . Powertrain Control Module flash.

Done and gone. I noticed nothing different in the way the truck operates.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
At the dealer right now for that vibration issue, here there is only one recall for that fob... no pcm...

·
Registered
334 Posts
My dealer checked and said mine only had one recall for radio frequency something said it only affected the radio. I told them I wasn't worried about it currently.

Reactions: chris12559

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They ran the vin number to check. My take is recalls are vehicle specific.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Makes sense that way...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine had two that Captainmal had, the radio frequency one and the PCM flash. I asked at the dealer if the PCM flash was the one that raises the horsepower and fuel mileage by 20%. No such luck.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Showed up at the dealer for an appointment made to find a rattle. Found and stopped it last night, too late to cancel. Went anyhow to get parts for a permanent fix. No parts to fix screws holding an inner fender well. I chose to pass on ordering the parts and will fix it permanently with my own bolt/nut design. They still took the truck to check on and do any recalls. There were three they did.

First is a P 15 where they flashed RFH. That has something to do with a radio frequency. It did NOT affect any of my 3 key fobs.

Second is a flashed DDM. That's something to do with a door module.

Third is the RRT 14-037, which is a flash of the PCM. . Powertrain Control Module flash.

Done and gone. I noticed nothing different in the way the truck operates.
I took mine for the P15 RFH and was treated to the RRT 14-037 Rapid Response Transmittal. That is all they did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts