RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, a vehicles stance and suspension ride height is one of the most important factors when it comes to modification. However, as is pointed out by automotive youtube creator, Jay Flat Out, QUALITY can be quickly overlooked by those shopping for the cheapest leveling system.

Earlier this year I replaces (almost) every component of stock suspension on my 2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel with the King Shocks leveling kit, custom valved by Carli Suspension, and finally fulfilled and installed by one of my favorite companies, CJC Off Road. The #KingShocks kit does come with rear coils, however, they do not make the truck sit perfectly level. I ran my stock coils for some time but the ride also wasn't perfect. I experimented with various "lowering coils" and ended up with the H&R 1.6" lowering coil. It wasn't awful but it still left something to be desired. The driver side sat lower than the passenger side which really kept me up at night.

Skip ahead a couple weeks and phone calls to Steve, from Timber Grove Industries

Timber Grove has many options when it comes to air systems, Helper bags, Coil replacements, automatic leveling systems, the list goes on. I opted for the compressor setup that automatically keeps and supplies air to the air suspension. It's a great way to achieve the custom and perfect ride height and paired with the King Shocks it becomes literally the best Ram 1500 leveling kit. At a price. This product has been on the truck for about 10 days, watch this space for a full review including how the #Ram1500 performs towing using this airbag system.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Out of curiosity, how did you get the kings to sit at stock height? I'm over on ram forum quite a bit and a few guys are running kings and just looking at their setups, even if they turned the coilovers all the way down they reported they'd be sitting around roughly 2" of level. Did they spec you a different coil for your application? I know the eco diesel is a bit heavier than the hemi so that may contribute.

Interesting to see you utilize these in an alternate function, I bet they ride like pillows being set so low in their height adjustment. I have to say, these trucks do have a lean to them, similar to the Tacoma lean the yota guys have. It bothers the shit out of me every time I walk up to my truck in the parking lot. Super noticeable from the rear.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out of curiosity, how did you get the kings to sit at stock height? I'm over on ram forum quite a bit and a few guys are running kings and just looking at their setups, even if they turned the coilovers all the way down they reported they'd be sitting around roughly 2" of level. Did they spec you a different coil for your application? I know the eco diesel is a bit heavier than the hemi so that may contribute.

Interesting to see you utilize these in an alternate function, I bet they ride like pillows being set so low in their height adjustment. I have to say, these trucks do have a lean to them, similar to the Tacoma lean the yota guys have. It bothers the shit out of me every time I walk up to my truck in the parking lot. Super noticeable from the rear.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
My coilers are adjustable, they come with 2" front lift I believe, then the rear is lowered about an inch to achieve a perfectly level ride, which will remain when towing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jay,

Great video, thats a very nice set up. I can't say enough good things about Steve at timber grove. His products and customer service are some of the best i've come a crossed. I remember when i ordered my 4" rise kit with my BDS suspension, I called him for the first time and ended up talking to him for 45 minutes about all sorts of stuff. After selling that truck and buying my current eco diesel, i called him back to see if there was a way to retro fit that kit into a truck with no lift, and sure enough a few days later my new base plates arrived. He even took the time to talk to me on a Sunday to resolve a small issue i had. Enjoy the kit, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the full review.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts