RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
timber grove fill valve location?

For those with the timber grove or any other air suspension, where are you locating your fill valve? Of course this question is for those with out the onboard compressor.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I have mine in my toolbox next to the air compressor, Folks without toolbox’s Or air compressors usually put the air valve in the rear license plate mounting hole or close to it ..

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Mine is in the box left side where the hole is below the tie down ring, although I like the idea beside the licence plate.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Per Timber Grove's no drill, no cut "policy," I mounted mine the same as 8=====D, in the bed. However, having to drop the tail gate every time is a hassle and would be an even bigger hassle if the bed was full of stuff. So if I were to do it again, I'd drill a hole near the license plate.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have an onboard compressor but I also have a l manual fill valve in case the compressor fails.
Mine is just to the right of the license plate
Rear Marker Light-Off.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
On my long gone 1500, I had the valves located right of the licence plate. Drilled through the plastic to mount them. Both valves were side by side as I had each bag on a separate line.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-general-discussion/63098-where-did-you-mount-your-timber-grove-valve-stem-2.html#post952830
I mounted on the driver side of the bed in the recommended spot. That metal loop keeps large items from damaging it. Steve's kit includes a washer that helps center the valve in this hole before tightening.
As for access, well I have the rubber drain hose from my tonneau right there making things difficult. Yet even with the tailgate up, and a quad loaded last weekend, I was able to reach it from the top and screw on the air hose pictured. Not the easiest way of filling, but definitely the cheapest and simplest for me for right now. Harbor Freight air pump (I got for free as it was thrown away from an old work project) and a Pollak 7 prong adapter to just plug it into the hitch when I need it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have separate lines for each side. I mounted the valves in the upper licence plate holes. It makes it look like I doubled up the mounting bolts for the plate until you look closer and see they are valves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts