RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Tip of the hat to GDE staff

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  zsqure 
#1 ·
I ran into a problem getting a HT completed on my 2014 ED Quad (Canadian market), because of recall code conflicts in my stock tune. A dealer in Toronto did not complete the AEM emissions recall correctly: The engine software was updated but not the transmission software. Because the V16 recall was Canadian, the local RAM dealer could not, or didn't want to, re-flash the AEM.

The GDE guys offered to do the correction and the HT if I dropped by their business. When I arrived they got right to doing the correct V16, then put together and installed the HT. They proved to be friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable.I was in-and-out in about an hour.

And yes, there was an immediate change in the driving character. No dead turbo-lag off idle. Trans shifts up a little sooner on easy acceleration , and holds gears a bit better during more spirited driving. On the trip home I noted a slow but upward average MPG readout. The HT really awakens the drowsy factory tune post-AEM.

I look forward to enjoying driving my ED even more.

#2 ·
I agree, I was also at the dealer last week to get the V16 done here in Canada, and got the GDE flash tool to get the HT back, love it, tran tune combo is certainly worth it. I was hesitant on getting the transmission tune, but now that I have it, I love it. Holds gears a little longer, which means more power when you need it, instead of the stock lag of when you hit the gas and it does nothing for 3 seconds... Now, it drives so much better! I actually find myself speeding (without even realizing it) a lot more than before I got the transmission tune, lol....

#3 ·
Funny how a business like Green Diesel Engineering can refine the software to burn even cleaner than the software that the EPA approved with the manufacture. What does that really tell you about the EPA, it tells you they are not doing any of this to improve the environment, this is all about control.

Stock EPA compliant software tune results in check engine lights and other problems.

Green Diesel Engineering EPA complaint software tune cures check engine lights and other problems, makes more power and reduces the soot by 75%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.