RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be embarking on an 8K+ mile trip towing my travel trailer in the near future. I have an appointment at the dealership for an oil change (3rd one) as I have 25K miles. I will have them replace the air filter as last time they said it was getting dirty. (visually looked ok to me). Will have them replace fuel filter as I am still using original. Truck just had 1st birthday. I am considering getting the tranny flash as I do have the symptoms listed in the tech bulletin and notice the tow/haul is s/b better performance with the flash. My concern is don't fix what is not broken. I have never received any flash updates since I own the truck. Do you think I should leave well enough alone or have them flash me up to date?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments. I will ask them to flash update at my appointment later this month. The two oil changes prior I asked the Tech writer to Not update any software without discussing with me. No software/flash updates listed on service bills so I'm assuming they never performed any. Big assumption on my part!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.