RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
9,741 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're full of bull Rob. My 2016 Ram is sitting in my driveway and won't start. At this point I'm 99% sure it's the reluctor wheel. And my truck is not in the recall.

so...I'm affected but not included in the recall.
I'm pretty sure a tone wheel can fail even if it's not in the current recall. I hope you can get it covered if indeed it's the issue.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Im still convinced that the only reason a 2014 - 2018 Ecodiesel is not covered :
1) Canadian vehicle that did not get the AEM

2) Canadian vehicle exported into the USA

3) Not sure why some other USA registered vehicles are not covered. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My truck had w58 recall said inspected and reprogrammed I have not got no letter but i am not the original owner.do I have that warranty

·
Registered
200 Posts
My truck had w58 recall said inspected and reprogrammed I have not got no letter but i am not the original owner.do I have that warranty
I just got my W58 completed and haven't received anything documenting this either. And I am the original owner.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Grt,
Recall repairs have a two year warranty.

Rob
Ram Cares

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
129 Posts
Had a tone ring fail last year, paid out of pocket to fix. Just got this letter today. Will be testing out the reimbursement part of it soon.
Hi Jared,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Ram Cares

Reactions: 97hmcs and MR. TED

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got same letter as OP in the mail. Feels like they're trying to get ahead of things for those of us that got the AEM flash...

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I got the letter. Is it that many years after you purchased the truck or after the recall?
After the truck was purchased. Instead of the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, they extended it to 8 years/unlimited miles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Jared,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Ram Cares
So far off to a bumpy start. I filled out the forms online, scanned and uploaded my service invoice from when the work was done along with the check image front and back, and promptly received an email that in order to proceed I need to attach the invoice and check image to the claim. Maybe I did something wrong, waiting for a reply back to that email to see if I need to attach the documents through email. I did get a reference number.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So far off to a bumpy start. I filled out the forms online, scanned and uploaded my service invoice from when the work was done along with the check image front and back, and promptly received an email that in order to proceed I need to attach the invoice and check image to the claim. Maybe I did something wrong, waiting for a reply back to that email to see if I need to attach the documents through email. I did get a reference number.
This process can take some time. Please feel free to keep us updated.

Rob
Ram Cares

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
70 Posts
This process can take some time. Please feel free to keep us updated.

Rob
Ram Cares
as an update, replied to the email from the ram cares adviser and did get 2 responses within a few hours. I had to resubmit check images to her via email and reconfirm my address.

My bill to change the tone wheel was around $1,600. If I get that back I will be impressed. So far though, communication has been good. Put me down as 9/15/2021 as a beginning date for the process, we will see when the check comes in the mail. After filling out the online form it gave a confirmation number and said it could take up to 60 days.

·
Administrator
9,741 Posts
So did you receive the letter after recall W58? Does this apply if you don’t receive the recall? Just wondering, I haven’t received my notice for the W58 recall and really not in a hurry unless it’s a real benefit.
It only applies to certain trucks affected by the W58 recall.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Hawaii_Built,
Recalls are VIN specific. If you are not included in the recall, then your vehicle is not affected by the recalled part. You can use the link below to check for open recalls for your vehicle or send us a message via private message with your VIN.

Rob
Ram Cares
I have a 2017 ecodiesel and am wondering why it does not qualify for the tone wheel recall, seems I cannot find anyone that can tell me what the differance is between the ones reaclled and the ones that are not

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So did you receive the letter after recall W58? Does this apply if you don’t receive the recall? Just wondering, I haven’t received my notice for the W58 recall and really not in a hurry unless it’s a real benefit.
I'm not exactly sure which letter you are referring to. I received the letter for the W58 recall last year. I completed the software update 6 months ago and satisfied the recall. I just now received the extended warranty letter that I posted in this thread.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts