RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Ive seen many of the posts of the last few weeks and decided to join.

I've been looking at Ecodiesels over the last month or so. I recently went from driving maybe 5 miles to and from work, to about 80 around trip, plus driving for to construction sites all around Metro Detroit.

Found this at a local dealer: https://www.szottauto.com/used/Ram/2018-Ram-1500-45f233530a0e0ae8302c3016de2cb259.htm?utm_source=autotrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

According to salesman, it was a fleet vehicle. And when checking on the NADA guide, it shows value for retail purchase is about $37,000+.

Took it for a test drive and really wondering if I should pick this bad boy up. It rides sweet, and from what I am reading the durability is just outstanding, especially compared to the Silverado 1500 I had leased (and about to blow past my lease mileage).

Priced to sell? Or is this just too good to be true?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my 2017 Big Horn new with 3.92 gears, limited slip, trailer brake/mirror package, and heated seats/steering wheel package for $35k. This one does not have the trailer brake/mirror package, and heated seats/steering wheel package from what I see in the pictures. The price is okay but you might be able to find a new one for about the same price. Here is an example of a new one for sale near me in Idaho.
https://www.dennisdillon.com/inventory/new-2018-ram-1500-big-horn-4wd-crew-cab-pickup-1c6rr7tm2js356306

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Says it has 9000 miles on it, is it used?

I think its a little high for a used one.

Also Dennis Dillon is probably one of the cheapest places in the nation to buy one, I doubt your going to find anyone that will match or beat their price.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not a great price...should be mid to high $30's. That truck at Dennis Dillon however....that is a nice Big Horn.

BTW - the Big Horn version (mid level Trim) will get harder and harder to find. The lower trim levels are much more prevalent...(SLT, Tradesman)...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Says it has 9000 miles on it, is it used?

I think its a little high for a used one.

Also Dennis Dillon is probably one of the cheapest places in the nation to buy one, I doubt your going to find anyone that will match or beat their price.
Sold as used. It was a vehicle the manager drove off and on for a year. IT was purchased by the dealership to hit their numbers for the month a year ago. I was able to talk him down to $29,859, including the extended "Wrap" warranty that goes to 160k miles. "Threw In" the road hazard coverage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a great price...should be mid to high $30's. That truck at Dennis Dillon however....that is a nice Big Horn.

BTW - the Big Horn version (mid level Trim) will get harder and harder to find. The lower trim levels are much more prevalent...(SLT, Tradesman)...
Is that a good thing that they will be harder to find?

I was able to talk him down quite a bit and ended up picking it up last night. Now, just got to get my GDE and be good to go.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Wow, warrant till 160K miles? Many will be asking how you managed that!

Sounds like a good deal. I have loved my '15, has proably been the best pickup I have ever had.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Big Horn is SLT. My Big Horn shows as SLT on the insurance. Maybe on the registration, but I don't remember.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Sold as used. It was a vehicle the manager drove off and on for a year. IT was purchased by the dealership to hit their numbers for the month a year ago. I was able to talk him down to $29,859, including the extended "Wrap" warranty that goes to 160k miles. "Threw In" the road hazard coverage.
Congrats on a very nice truck at a good price. They are a strong dealer...my BIL flew there from FL 2 years ago bought a 3500 CTD dually they needed for their Lance insert/slides. 'Lifetime' warranty power train w/ Asian and $5000 below anything on East coast. BIL has been on Appalachian Trail from Georgia to NY thus far and 80% complete since May.

Told my sis if I still lived w/ her...I would prefer the woods too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts