RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And she is a beauty! Thank you all for sharing your stories and the very helpful delivery check list! Dealer is really in need of car detailing 101. Suggested to replace their car cleaning guy....but my 14 yr old fixed that when I took it home. Will post some pictures later today.

Delivery was pretty uneventful. They knew not to put me in the sales office for their up-sells. Saved a few hours just there. Need to go back today as the DEF was not filled up.

Only issue as expected, the paint job....few imperfections and lots of nibs. They will need to take care of the larger issues. Not to worried about the smaller stuff. Big thank you to Sam, my son for the awesome detailing job! Shameless plug for Griott's Garage from Tacoma WA for selling me AWESOME car care products!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: "You must not have purchased anything because I see no pictures to verify such purchase .."

Yeah it's a beautiful ecoboost....oh wait.....wrong forum.....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Love it. Same colour I had wanted, however, like every vehicle we have ever gotten, our ED Laramie is BLACK. Happy wife, happy life!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice truck, I don't know how to do better than the EcoD. It's the best truck on the road, either side of the border.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats! I see that you're in Tacoma. What dealership did you use? I'm currently a Ford guy but I'm looking at replacing the F150 with the Ram. I'm not sure who best to work with in the area.

Thanks,

-Jeff

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Congrats! I see that you're in Tacoma. What dealership did you use? I'm currently a Ford guy but I'm looking at replacing the F150 with the Ram. I'm not sure who best to work with in the area.

Thanks,

-Jeff
Sorry Jeff, can't help you. We are from BC Canada and we where on our way back from Monterey and stopped in Tacoma to visit the Griott's and LeMay museum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as promised a short report after 6 weeks of ownership. Got almost 9000 km on it now and about 1900 km is with a heavy trailer behind it.

I have to say that I am very impressed with this truck. All is working as expected, and especially the air suspension does it's job very well. The ride is SUV like. Very smooth and handles great in town.

I drive this 600 km round trip to the karting track every other week and have been keeping track of fuel mileage driving this route with 3 different trucks over the last year. Driving conditions and speeds are all the same. Cruise control on 80 Mph resulting in a calculated average of about 76-77 Mph.

2006 Ford F350 Diesel:11.5 Mpg
2010 Ford F150 5.3:13.1 Mpg
2010 BMW X5 Diesel: 22.4 Mpg
2014 Ram 1500 Diesel:23.7 Mpg

2010 Volkswagen Golf: 49 !! Mpg (The wife driving it on the same route, probably a bit slower)

Towing a trailer:

2006 Ford F350 Diesel:9.1 Mpg
2010 Ford F150 5.3:6.8 Mpg
2014 Ram 1500 Diesel:11.2 Mpg

This trailer is a 8700 Lbs (scaled) 29 Ft toy hauler. The F350 tows is like there is nothing behind it. This truck is a workhorse. The F150 screams like its going to die when running up the large hills. It keeps a steady 60 Mph though.

The little V6 in the ram has no trouble at all when on flat ground or small hills. However, on the long and high grades it slows down till about 50 mph and keeps it steady there. In all honesty, I think it's just a bit too much for this truck combined with the steep hills of the coquihalla highway. Luckily we can keep the trailer at the track now!

I have towed some other trailers the last few weeks and would say a weight till about 7500 lbs is not a problem at all. I towed a mini excavator and trailer a few days ago over reasonable hilly grounds and still managed to get over 15 mpg.

In my situation this truck is the ideal vehicle available at the moment. It can haul 5 people very comfortably, using less fuel on average than my 2010 BMW X5 diesel. Average in town is about 22.5 Mpg. It tows most of my trailers without a problem, and a box to haul dirty stuff in the back as a bonus!

Almost forgot, the build in GPS navigation sucks big time.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
nice follow up. good numbers. we've used the GPS a few times and it has been accurate. i don't particularly care for the interface and how to enter the destination, but that might be more of a "the more you use it, the more you'll know/like it".

i have a trip coming up next week with the new travel trailer that will be our first adventure out and is pretty much an uphill climb from home to camp (in the Sierra's ~5,000ft). the trailer and all the extras will put us pretty much in that 7K range, the truck has shined so far every time i get to try something new, so hoping to find the same on this upcoming trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts