RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Griff, yes. I chose to keep the stock ECU when I originally tuned the truck, I had no problems paying for it (paying double). Not having to pay the core charge again for them to fix their mistake "Otherwise they have no recourse to make sure you do return it" given the circumstance was a business risk they should be willing to take. Had I been asking for an updated tune, or to change something at my will this would have been a different outlook. If I was the only one that had the problem and was a shitty person who would keep the ECU they'd be out a few hundred bucks. I couldn't sell it and make money so there's not point to it. If they had this issue with every single ECU they sold and were looking at an potential bankrupting scenario I'd see their point. But as far as I know I'm the only one that may have had or found the problem. I've never commanded to be paid again up front to fix something I've screwed up, that's bad business. Technically I was charged "anything", for shipping, as that wasn't refunded. So yeah.

No one wants to take me up on my proposition. Why do you think that is?

pjordan, I'm not sure what you're saying... I had 2 and got a 3rd? Anyhow, I was offroad tuned, I couldn't reuse my stock ECU anymore (and paying for it originally as stated would be "paying double" was never the issue). I couldn't take the down time of a few days without the truck to send in their mis-tuned ECU either so I had to eat the core charge (paying triple, my tongue in cheek post) at the time.

Lets not overlook that I've not said anything bad about their tune. I haven't and won't look anywhere else for one. Just putting it out there that if you have a problem that they missed/caused/created you're on the hook out of your pocket to get it fixed to they get their ECU back.

Some people just can't comprehend that GDE statistically can't be infallible and will call "fake news" anytime anything negative might be said about them because statistically yes they are a great company... roll eyes.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Griff, yes. I chose to keep the stock ECU when I originally tuned the truck, I had no problems paying for it (paying double). Not having to pay the core charge again for them to fix their mistake "Otherwise they have no recourse to make sure you do return it" given the circumstance was a business risk they should be willing to take. Had I been asking for an updated tune, or to change something at my will this would have been a different outlook. If I was the only one that had the problem and was a shitty person who would keep the ECU they'd be out a few hundred bucks. I couldn't sell it and make money so there's not point to it. If they had this issue with every single ECU they sold and were looking at an potential bankrupting scenario I'd see their point. But as far as I know I'm the only one that may have had or found the problem. I've never commanded to be paid again up front to fix something I've screwed up, that's bad business. Technically I was charged "anything", for shipping, as that wasn't refunded. So yeah.

No one wants to take me up on my proposition. Why do you think that is?

pjordan, I'm not sure what you're saying... I had 2 and got a 3rd? Anyhow, I was offroad tuned, I couldn't reuse my stock ECU anymore (and paying for it originally as stated would be "paying double" was never the issue). I couldn't take the down time of a few days without the truck to send in their mis-tuned ECU either so I had to eat the core charge (paying triple, my tongue in cheek post) at the time.

Lets not overlook that I've not said anything bad about their tune. I haven't and won't look anywhere else for one. Just putting it out there that if you have a problem that they missed/caused/created you're on the hook out of your pocket to get it fixed to they get their ECU back.

Some people just can't comprehend that GDE statistically can't be infallible and will call "fake news" anytime anything negative might be said about them because statistically yes they are a great company... roll eyes.
The deposit is what it is. A lot of companies operate that way to protect themselves. With that being said I do understand at minimal they should have covered shipping for something they acknowledged was their fault.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
The EcoDiesel has a variable pressure lift fuel pump for emissions, it’ll fluctuate fuel pressures .... Not applicable.....Anything else you would like to talk about pertaining to diesels? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The EcoDiesel has a variable pressure lift fuel pump for emissions, it’ll fluctuate fuel pressures .... Not applicable.....Anything else you would like to talk about pertaining to diesels? :rolleyes:
Thanks for responding.

you all have been helpful, while I plan for a GDE Tune and exhaust swaps, I'll get into the non-tune mods.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I repeat...
Mod List:
1. GDE Hot Tune
2. GDE Trans Tune
3. Amp Research Bed Step.... its life changing. https://www.amp-research.com/amp-research-75306-01a-bedstep-rear-bumper-access
4. 3/1 leveling with Bilstein 5100s
5. Bakflip MX4

I have been driving Cummins for years and asked the same question when I bought my wife her 2016 Laramie ED and found the same information that Haul N provided.

As to your original question, the first and best thing I did to her truck was the GDE Hot Tune when it had about 7,000 miles on it. After the FCA recall reflashed her ECM, they overwrote the GDE tuning and I was shocked at how terrible the truck ran. I can't for the life of me understand how someone could drive that truck stock.... its like a dead fish with headlights. The day after they did the recall, I ordered the reflashed ECM from GDE and added the trans tuning. Their Hot Tune and Trans combo is absolutely amazing... I would recommend it to everyone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Mod List:
1. GDE Hot Tune
2. GDE Trans Tune
3. Amp Research Bed Step.... its life changing. https://www.amp-research.com/amp-research-75306-01a-bedstep-rear-bumper-access
4. 3/1 leveling with Bilstein 5100s
5. Bakflip MX4

I have been driving Cummins for years and asked the same question when I bought my wife her 2016 Laramie ED and found the same information that Haul N provided.

As to your original question, the first and best thing I did to her truck was the GDE Hot Tune when it had about 7,000 miles on it. After the FCA recall reflashed her ECM, they overwrote the GDE tuning and I was shocked at how terrible the truck ran. I can't for the life of me understand how someone could drive that truck stock.... its like a dead fish with headlights. The day after they did the recall, I ordered the reflashed ECM from GDE and added the trans tuning. Their Hot Tune and Trans combo is absolutely amazing... I would recommend it to everyone.

Mod List:
1. GDE Hot Tune (outlawed now)
2. GDE Trans Tune (outlawed now)
3. Amp Research Bed Step.... its life changing. https://www.amp-research.com/amp-research-75306-01a-bedstep-rear-bumper-access (I am very interested)
4. 3/1 leveling with Bilstein 5100s - (this is a big step for me, requires wheels and tires)
5. Bakflip MX4 (I went Gator)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
anyone with a recommendation (based on use) of CAC replacement pipes as well as CAI replacement pipes? To take it one step further, an upgraded intercooler?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't see a thread that's not ancient about this so I'll start one fresh. I just bought a 2015 EcoDiesel with 88K miles.

I'm thinking the Banks Intake Manifold with EGR delete, Cold Air, and a Tune.

SO what 3 have you done (w/results) or do you desire?
Hey, I'm in the same position. I wanted the complete GDE and trans tune. I doubt I'll wait 6+months for the EPA to decide.

What now?

I'm wanting my truck back and better than before the recent debacle.

Some of these might be the same...

GDE - outlawed
Banks
Diablo
Edge

Blisten 5100/Level

I've only added, Line X bed and Bushwacker fender flares covered. Open air K&N filter (love the turbo sound) it's louder now.

What now?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts