RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my '14 ED Bighorn a few weeks ago. Moved up from a '12 Express. Difference is the tow mirrors on this one are a lot wider than the plain mirrors on the Express. I have about 1" on both sides of the truck in/out of the garage. When it is dark its almost impossible to go in the garage without hazard lights. Any suggestions, or get the heck out and fold them in? I guess the only reason i dont is i need them to back out.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Got my '14 ED Bighorn a few weeks ago. Moved up from a '12 Express. Difference is the tow mirrors on this one are a lot wider than the plain mirrors on the Express. I have about 1" on both sides of the truck in/out of the garage. When it is dark its almost impossible to go in the garage without hazard lights. Any suggestions, or get the heck out and fold them in? I guess the only reason i dont is i need them to back out.
Roll the window down and fold the driver side mirror and gain 10 inches or so and you should be fine

·
Registered
583 Posts
I agree they are HUGE! You might try lowering the driver window and manually folding that one side and offset your entry into the garage. I often have to manually fold them at drive-thru windows to get closer and avoid banging into something. I don't get to park in the garage full time, but when I can, I just fold the one side in and pop it back out as soon as I get clear of the threshold coming out.

Howie beat me to it! :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Also, be careful when coming up to a stop. If you aren't square where you can see a good distance in both directions, those mirrors are big enough to totally obscure something as big as a Honda Ody. Last week, when in an unfamiliar area I got stopped before I got square. Looked as best I could, but sitting at an angle the Ody was completely behind the passenger mirror. I knew I couldn't see very well, so I just waited a little longer and out popped the Ody just before I was going to pull out. It would have been a very close call if I'd not checked one more time.

·
Registered
610 Posts
A little birdie told me that the 2015 tow mirrors will be power folded. THAT, is the only reason I didn't get the tow mirrors on mine. Love the power fold. (For towing I use a set of $60 "clamp-on" tow mirrors. Does the job.)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have power folding mirrors on mine. I just hit the button and they fold in. I use it all the time at drive thru's, car (truck) washes, parking in a parking lot or any other confined space.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm waiting on my 2015 to be built as well and all indication that I've read is the 2015 Tow mirrors are NOT power fold. Of course I did not realize this until after the order. How difficult would it be to switch out the tow mirrors for the standard and add the power folding functionality?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nope, standard power fold mirrors on the Bighorn are deleted for manual fold if you opt for tow mirrors. No power option. You have power trailer tow mirrors, and they fold, but don't power fold.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If they were power I would have gotten them. if I could switch to them I would but way to big not to be power for someone that doesn't tow all the time. IMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts